Racing a Porsche

MazdaDryvr said:
well i beat the ass off a 944s one time, dude looked pretty upset too. :) Oh and all the fast guys in their 318i bimmers too. I dont think they know what the MSP is until it's too late and they hear the whistle.
Not bustin your balls but a 944s had to be at least 14 years old and only had 188 HP when brand new, 0-60 was about 8 secs...not really feelin you on this one.

Run with a 944 Turbo in good condition and I'll give you props.

i see one daily on my way to work

same with 2 seperate skylines

not sold in the US just means you're a rich **** to have one in the states

they GT3 was never legit in the us - but like anything else if you know the right people and can swing the right deals you can basically get anything in the coutry - insuring it and regestering it will be a different story. Legally insurance companies cannot offer covereage tp models not epa and dot certified. so the great majoroty of the cars you see labled as GT3's are in fact carreras with a decal and aero package. (because the GT3 is not legal in the us - first gen that it - im not sure on the second gen ones - the gt3 rs is also not legal - but im willing to wager more than a few will make it state side!)

ps and skylines ARE officially sold and DOT/EPA approved through Motorex.

daperspeed said:
A MSP has a better handling/dollar ratio than a Porsche. LOL. Thats what I like to tell myself to feel better. :)

Isnt that what RT said also??

yeah,but our car is cheap.

we don't have super cars,we have the best handling,stock,front wheel drive thats all.nothin to special.

Horse said:
they GT3 was never legit in the us - but like anything else if you know the right people and can swing the right deals you can basically get anything in the coutry - insuring it and regestering it will be a different story. Legally insurance companies cannot offer covereage tp models not epa and dot certified. so the great majoroty of the cars you see labled as GT3's are in fact carreras with a decal and aero package. (because the GT3 is not legal in the us - first gen that it - im not sure on the second gen ones - the gt3 rs is also not legal - but im willing to wager more than a few will make it state side!)

ps and skylines ARE officially sold and DOT/EPA approved through Motorex.

that would be true if it wern't for shops like euroworks that specilize in making private partys cars dot compliant.
they have a GT3 right now and a friend of mine had to drive it from so-cal to here. he loved it but was so damn perinoid about hurting it(bad cali roads)

and before you say s*** yeah they usualy tow the cars but there are exeptions.

GHOSTWHISPER said:
"Well my 86 Iroc-z is cherry, and cops dont even bother to pull me over, they cant even get me on the radar, mainly becuase i wax it so much. Its made out of the same material stealth fighters use"
I got t-tops, its a sweet ride...

Horse said:
they GT3 was never legit in the us ....
... ps and skylines ARE officially sold and DOT/EPA approved through Motorex.

when was the last time you went to the porsche car show/dealership... GT2 and GT3 were legalized just over 2 years ago...

There are 8 different companies you can get a Skyline from
However i think the guy's point is that they are still expensive as hell to own one...

2 GT3's sitting in the showroom of my local porsche dealer. One is like $118k and dunno the price of the other one, it was a little cheaper.

~brian

All I was saying was that when the GT3's were first introduced in ... '99? They weren't street legal in the US. They are now... good. nice cars, but the first year GT3's weren't up to code.
By the way, I think Acura can charge more for less, too. The NSX Zanardi doesn't have power steering....

Back