Race Roots Project Mazdaspeed6 Pictures!

Posted By Brice on RX-8 club

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=195840

this information is mostly for the rx-8 guys and what happened with their stuff but it effects us in the same way basically

personally from a business side of things this is the first thing you shouldve done.. most of the community across all speed forums are disapointed.

the same stated Apology should be givin to all forums that delt with this issue.. even MSF although thier views got out of hand.

Last edited:
I feel that an apology does not change past actions...including restocking fees for non-stocked items and things like "tuning" that was never even given. The mods may not like me saying that...but being the son of a well-known attorney I see all too much...and I am keeping a VERY close eye on ALL of this.

Using peoples money as pure capital and not being able to give refunds when they should be as well as charging a fee to persons who were never sent products as well as items that were never even stocked is wrong.

Boosted, sub'ed to that thread and I will be watching it.

Mac, I don't think we mods will have issue with anyone speaking their mind in a reasonable way.

Brice, I really hope you get yourself back on track and keep you business running. With that said, you have a lot of work to do. Building a feeling of trust in your name will be tough. Active communication and transparency will be an essential first step.

To everyone else, Mazsport is the RX8 equivalent of Mideval or whoever that was a few years ago. Really bad juju. Feel free to state your piece, but lets not let this thread devolve into a flame war.

Believe it or not the mods here are trying to stay neutral on this subject. We try to keep our personal feelings out of our efforts to mod here. We haven't and wont take one side or the other and at the end of the day we have them members here in mind when we make decisions.

If you disagree with my last statement, just think where the community would be without this forum facilitating active communication between Brice/RR and his customers.

Copied over to save you the time of jumping:

I first want to apologize to the community for misleading them and denying them the truth be told to them about me purchasing Scotts products.

So It is time for me to come clean and discuss the issues that have arisen. I will do my best in answering your questions as best as I can.

It has come about that we Race Roots is working with Scott Glassburn who is the former owner of Mazsport.

This is my statement of events, my apology to the communities involved and to come clean about the situation 100% and to assist any and all customers of the communities that feel cheated or lied to.

WHEN I REFER TO RACE ROOTS I AM REFERING TO MYSELF, Brice.

Fact: Race Roots is run by me Solely Brice, Francisco otherwise known as Dimitri a good friend of mine helps but soon will not be a part of the business as he is pursuing school interests and his career.

Fact: Race Roots purchases products designed by Scott

Fact: Scott is not employed by Race Roots, he is his own entity and is now operating under Minds Eye Engineering

Fact: Race Roots in no way shape or form is not planning frauding the community or running off with their money in anyway shape or form.

Fact: I love you guys, hence why I spend so much time on here and why I am so fast to respond to customers pm's and emails.

Fact: I want to continue doing business on this forum and to assist in any way shape or form any customers that have been defrauded in the past by Scott/Mazsport I will do my best in providing any information needed.

Fact: I myself have been burned by Scott and he owes me money for deposits I have paid him and for products as well which have yet to be received. This is no one elses problem but my own but hopefully this will set a tone of understanding my CURRENT position.

Fact: I have removed quite a few of his products from the website due to various reasons. Mostly because one he cannot manufacture them in a timely fashion and when it comes to following up with customer service he is quite difficult to get him to respond and follow thru with tech support.

My thought process of working with him was good and bad, the logic I had in working with him was because I knew he designed interesting and highly desirable products that the RX-8 community wanted.

Currently I have made it a personal mission to move away from working with him because of his lack of following thru with deadlines and basically not caring about the issues that he was causing with my business name.

I would like to ask Zoom44 if he could reverse his deletion of my threads in the vendor forum after we have cleared the air of any concerns and questions.

I open up the thread to anyone and everyone and welcome their comments and questions they might have.

I am ready to assist in anyway possible and want to know what they want from me as a vendor of this boards.

I wish Scott would come clean and fix his issues with the community but I cannot force him to do that. He will surely read my posts and he is welcome to comment if he pleases.

As I am not banned from the forum I take it their is still hope to restore faith within the community and to finally come clean.

I am a firm believer in actions speak louder than words and with time as in the past with previous incidents I can learn from this mistake and move forward into servicing this community.

Thank you

Brice

Yeah, I sure hope my friend mpsanger6, who's Speed6 is still at RR for mods(?), comes through all this ok....

Ouch,

The Mazsport crash and burn was bad news when it went down on the Rx8 forum.

-Derrick

Brice has finally refunded me my money. I still cant get a shipping date on the kit which sucks he said its being shipped from over seas, although i was told it was being fabricated in California. How can Race Roots not know when they are receiving the kits after months and months and still has no idea. Its ridiculous, how can you not keep track of your product thats what logistics are for. I could understand if the kits were still being produced but thats over and done with from what i was told. How difficult is it to know when the ship arives to the Us. I realize that customs holds the containers for a period of time (few weeks). You should still be able to give the customers an estimate. You are oviously not doing everything you can to reinstate the trust of the community. I cant believe you have all these kits out there without a clue on logistics. Riddle me that one Brice?

Brice has finally refunded me my money. I still cant get a shipping date on the kit which sucks he said its being shipped from over seas, although i was told it was being fabricated in California. How can Race Roots not know when they are receiving the kits after months and months and still has no idea. Its ridiculous, how can you not keep track of your product thats what logistics are for. I could understand if the kits were still being produced but thats over and done with from what i was told. How difficult is it to know when the ship arives to the Us. I realize that customs holds the containers for a period of time (few weeks). You should still be able to give the customers an estimate. You are oviously not doing everything you can to reinstate the trust of the community. I cant believe you have all these kits out there without a clue on logistics. Riddle me that one Brice?

There are certain pieces that are sourced from around the country and over seas.

I get an email production is complete
Ship takes 25-35 days on the water
Customs take 1 week to 3 weeks Estimated

When it hits land I will let you know.
When it is in customs I will let you know.
When it clears I will let you know.

Brice, I have a few questions:

1 - what, if any, parts for the MS3/MS6 did Scott/Mazsport have any influence on?

2 - Any reason why you chose not to take pictures with a sign showing that the parts were legit and not just something you pulled off a forum or a hard drive?

3 - What is your intent after the turbo kit situation gets resolved entirely?

I think these are all points that you need to come clean and offer some explanation on.

There are certain pieces that are sourced from around the country and over seas.

I get an email production is complete
Ship takes 25-35 days on the water
Customs take 1 week to 3 weeks Estimated

When it hits land I will let you know.
When it is in customs I will let you know.
When it clears I will let you know.

get an email production is complete"??

So are the kits on the ship and if so what date did the s*** set out?
Your telling us worse case senario we should have our kits in 2 months or less correct?

Brice, I have a few questions:

1 - what, if any, parts for the MS3/MS6 did Scott/Mazsport have any influence on?

2 - Any reason why you chose not to take pictures with a sign showing that the parts were legit and not just something you pulled off a forum or a hard drive?

3 - What is your intent after the turbo kit situation gets resolved entirely?

I think these are all points that you need to come clean and offer some explanation on.

1. All of it.
2. I wasn't taking the pictures, by the time I asked for them to do what you asked they were packed up and I wasn't going to make a big deal about it.
3. The items will be for sale, I have two companies that will be carrying them on their websites so they will have them for sale as well.

get an email production is complete"??

So are the kits on the ship and if so what date did the s*** set out?
Your telling us worse case senario we should have our kits in 2 months or less correct?

Did I not email telling you production was not complete? If not my apologies.

Hoping for less, so this nightmare can finally be over.

One is Protege Garage the other I am unsure of, they other has expressed interest but is not a definite. I do not know the company name I have just been emailing back and forth for the other one.

So no parts until August. i bought the kit in September of 09. Just thought i'd share that with you all.

According to my calculations of what he said about customs etc...you should have them july at the LATEST....what else has held it up now? I'm not even surprised

I would like to make an Official Announcement...

Race Roots is no longer an Authorized Vendor on Mazda Forums.

I have no choice but to remove Race Roots's Authorized Vendor Status due to
various customer service issues, tuning/product issues, extreme shipping delays,
unkept promises and questionable business practices and associates.

As of this post, Race Roots still has normal Member Status.

While I appreciate that Brice / Race Roots has made an effort to correct this "horrible mess",
I've seen past vendors in similar situations and the outcome was never good.
I will not put the Mazda Forums Community at risk.

This thread will remain open and moderated for Race Roots Customers
who still have unresolved customer service issues.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Back