Quiet Output From Subwoofer / Amp (2007 Mazda 3 HB w/ BOSE)

cdecaire

:
2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback
So after searching and researching tons of forums and threads I'm at a bit of a loss with my speaker problem.

I just installed a new JL XD600/1 and 10w6v2 but the output is barely audible. The amp is powering correctly and the subwoofer is getting some sort of output but it's very quiet (Basically have to turn the amps gain/input sens all the way up). I've read a few threads but most of them just said to get a LOC or get rid of the LOC if you're using one...

I'm not using a LOC, as the JL XD600/1 can use HI or LO level inputs so the LOC discussion isn't relevant. I removed the stock BOSE Subwoofer and I'm tapping the speaker wire that was used for the stock Subwoofer, but I'm getting the feeling I've done this incorrectly. The RCA Jacks have 4 wires, + / - for both left and right. The subwoofer speaker wire only has 1 + / - wire, as there is no left/right channel.

So I've taken the RCA cable and combined both +'s and -'s and tapped that... But I'm thinking this is incorrect?

My Alternative is simple, to run the RCA to the BOSE AMP and tap a left and right speaker wire... but wanted to verify my method is what's wrong, or something else I'm overlooking?

Other thoughts?

First, turn off both the infrasonic and low pass filters. You may have it set at too low of a frequency and you want to rule that out of the equation. Switch it to the off position and see if that resolves your issue. If not, then set it to a reasonable setting like 100Hz.

Second, try switching the wires you connected to the RCA jacks. You may have swapped positive and negative. I'm not sure if it matters but it wouldn't hurt to try it the other way around.

Third, although it has two inputs and the manual recommends using a Y-adapter. Try connecting just one RCA to see how things work. I'm not sure how you are supposed to wire a Y-adapter and it is possible you did it incorrectly.

Back