Quick question

FunkyBuddha

Tuned by Slick Nick
:
2003 Spicy Orange MSP
Started the car the other day, drove it for about 45 minutes. Shut it off, parked overnight. Went to go start it again, the car won't start.

It will crank but just won't catch.

there's fuel, there's oil, there's spark, and there's power.

Thinking could be electrical?

haven't tried a push start yet.

i dont know if this is related to ur problem but when i put my motor in, the car wouldnt start it would just crank. i had spark and fuel so i did some digging and found a bad ground on the back side of the cylinder head. may not be the same problem as u but it may help point in the right direction. also maybe ur SS AFC is getting a distruption and cuase it not to fire.

I'd plug into the AFC and see that you're getting a valid signal from it. If it s*** the bed, your car won't start.

Ok..plugged it in to the computer....works. But I was having issues uploading maps to it. It would quit and say Error Communicating with ECU every 20%.

I can smell gas, the motor cranks, there's power everywhere. Lights all light up.

Ok..so...got another question...

Can I throw in a stock P5 ECU to replace the MSP ECU and then remove all the turbo stuff and run NA for a while?

I thought u sold the MSP?

Nah not yet..people don't realize what they're getting into..even though it's clearly stated in the ad LOL. it's like "ooooh bright shiny orange car!, I want!" but then it turns into "oooooo, I gotta do what now?"

So ya..question stands...if i sourced a standard fsde 2.0, will the stock p5 ecu i have work in the msp?

Last edited:
Logic would say that a 2.0L FS with no turbo = P5 tune. As long as you have no boost, there is no need for an MSP ECU.

Nah not yet..people don't realize what they're getting into..even though it's clearly stated in the ad LOL. it's like "ooooh bright shiny orange car!, I want!" but then it turns into "oooooo, I gotta do what now?"

So ya..question stands...if i sourced a standard fsde 2.0, will the stock p5 ecu i have work in the msp?

Didnt see an ad in Kijiji or trader. I thought I read on FB u sold it?

Ok...the AFC has been removed...but I'm not sure if it's been uninstalled properly. Anyone have any ideas on what the proper uninstallation of the product is?

Back