question

veyl_oiuja

:
2007 Mazda CX-9
How come when I open or unlock or disarm the car on the passenger side door using the button on the door handle it opens it but that alarms goes on panic mode. Same thing when I open/unlock/disarm it from the tailgate but I can lock/arm the car from any sides. So pretty much it only works on the driver side.

I am confused by your post. Can you rephrase?

When I am unlocking my car using the keyless entry button on the door handle on the passenger side or tailgate, when it unlocks the doors and I open it, the car would alarm. So pretty much I can only unlock the doors through the driver side without the alarm getting crazy. Get it? So when I need something on the trunk or in the passenger side I have to go to the driver side to press that black button on the door handle to unlock everything. I don't like using the fob coz for some reason you have to press a thousand times just to unlock the doors and I don't want to break the buttons on the fob and get a new one again.

Ok sorry. Man that is the first I've ever heard of that kind of problem. Sometimes if my cardkey is next to my cellphone and I try to lock the car via the rubber button on the door handle, the car will emit rapid beeps, but I've never had the alarm go off or heard of it with anyone else while pressing any of the 3 unlock buttons on the car.

I'm assuming when you say alarm you mean the horn is honking vs. just beeps. Have you tried changing the cardkey battery or using a different cardkey?

Ok sorry. Man that is the first I've ever heard of that kind of problem. Sometimes if my cardkey is next to my cellphone and I try to lock the car via the rubber button on the door handle, the car will emit rapid beeps, but I've never had the alarm go off or heard of it with anyone else while pressing any of the 3 unlock buttons on the car.

I'm assuming when you say alarm you mean the horn is honking vs. just beeps. Have you tried changing the cardkey battery or using a different cardkey?

yup, I already bought a new fob and its the same. I am thinking since toyota (coz I bought the car over at toyota) installed the alarm system that is why I am having that problem. oh well..... the beeps happens to me too when my fob is next to my cellphone or one of the doors get slammed hard it beeps.... and the dashboard lights blinks saying that I don't have the keys with me.

Uninstall the aftermarket alarm. No one is taking your car with the advanced keyless system it has. An additional alarm is silly

I am thinking since toyota (coz I bought the car over at toyota) installed the alarm system that is why I am having that problem

If you have a Mazda, and Toyota installed an alarm system, my assumption is that you have an aftermarket alarm, otherwise it would have been done at the factory where Mazda built your vehicle in Japan.

I'm confused.

If you have a Mazda, and Toyota installed an alarm system, my assumption is that you have an aftermarket alarm, otherwise it would have been done at the factory where Mazda built your vehicle in Japan.

I'm confused.

in that case, can I just remove it and it would be okay? where do you think its located?

Latest posts

Back