Question Regarding Warranty

carter1551

:
03 Mp5
Im taking my car into the dealer because im getting a lot of vibration in the brake pedal at higher speed braking and i get a lot of shaking in the steering wheel when braking. The rep on the phone said it sounded like rotors. So heres my question. Is there anything that they can use against me to not be covered under warranty? Car is completely stock performance wise. Ive read their 15,000 and 30,000 mile services and the closest thing to rotors is INSPECTING brake pads for wear and damage. It mentions nothing about rotors or even fixing anything in the service.
So will they cover the rotors if that is the case?

psh yea they will. won't be a problem. if not just tell them to hang on while you call your lawyer and then they will change their mind.

Wear and tear items (pads and rotors) in the braking system are only warrantied for 12 months or 12000 miles. If the rotors are warped, which is what it sounds like, then you're on your own. Don't have the dealer do the work though because they will rip you off.

carter1551 said:
Im taking my car into the dealer because im getting a lot of vibration in the brake pedal at higher speed braking and i get a lot of shaking in the steering wheel when braking. The rep on the phone said it sounded like rotors. So heres my question. Is there anything that they can use against me to not be covered under warranty? Car is completely stock performance wise. Ive read their 15,000 and 30,000 mile services and the closest thing to rotors is INSPECTING brake pads for wear and damage. It mentions nothing about rotors or even fixing anything in the service.
So will they cover the rotors if that is the case?

unless your brake calipers explode as soon as you leave the dealer when first purchasing a car, theres usually no chance in getting brakes covered under warranty....definitely not gonna happen in your case

yea i didnt ev en think about them being wear and tear before i posted my 1st post. dont i feel stupid
(help)

I got new rotors on my tribute after 1000 miles because they were warped. Granted I think I may have warped them during my test drive because during a 60-0 stop to make sure the brakes worked OK. They did, but then they didn't ;-)

evilmonkeyMSP said:
unless your brake calipers explode as soon as you leave the dealer when first purchasing a car, theres usually no chance in getting brakes covered under warranty....definitely not gonna happen in your case

ahh crap first i was real happy about the whole thing but no im kinda worried ill be on my own for this one.

Since were on the topic i am taking the car in for one other concern. I get a humming in the 1-2k rpm range when im cruising at a speed in that rpm range or when i am coasting in that rpm range. Its more obvious in the lower gears and less obvious in the higher gears. Cant think what it could be but I had the transmission fluid flushed so if there is something that needs to be fixed would I be covered on that?

See if you can localize the humming sound (where it's coming from) I had a similar issue (but at around 40mph). If you say yours lessens in the higher gears, it leads me to believe that maybe you're going fast enough then to spin them fast enough to stop the humming. OH, and I'm talking about a hub bearing. drive the car, then have someone else drive it and you sit in every seat, and see which tire it's coming from. If that's the culprit you'll have to replace the entire hub, as it's how they come on our cars. around 90 bucks per wheel.

it sounds like its coming from the engine bay, i know there was a tsb for humming from the trans at higher speeds but thats supposed to be normal i guess.

I took her in and they claimed that the problem was wheel bearings. Well they replaced them on both sides claiming that the problem had been fixed and what do ya know? The humming is still happening. Anyone have any ideas of what it is?

Back