Question: Can something be done about the SEARCH function??

Weborific

Hi again! I've been visiting the forum for 3 years now and the one thing that's always really bugged me is the search function. I click on ADVANCED SEARCH and make sure SEARCH TITLES ONLY is selected. The problem is when I need 2 words. For example: REAR WIPER. I'll get many results containing REAR and many containing WIPER, but the FIRST results shown (if not ALL) should contain BOTH of these words. Am I right? So right now the search result that actually DOES contain BOTH rear AND wiper shows at #6 and later. Can anything be done about this? THANKS!

Oh, thanks guys! I thought someone deleted it and I got pissed!
Well, hopefully it can get fixed. So many car parts have the same name or partial name.... Water pump, windshield fluid pump, countless screws, motors, etc, etc...
Searching gets really annoying when you type-in the EXACT post title but it appears all the way at the end. Makes no sense...

ok, i didn't know this forum for website improvements existed and quickly found another user mentioning the same problems in this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720542

So...um...is it likely this'll get fixed? I doubt it's anything complicated but seeing as how this problem has existed for many years, I doubt it'll ever change. I'll keep my P5 fingers crossed.
Please improve the search function... PLEEEEEEASE??

Back