question about my MSP

Mazdaspd035

:
Titanium MSP #869
Ok, there are a couple things I have have questions on. Since this is my first turbo car I don't know anything about them and I don't know what is normal and what is not. Yesterday while driving, I think I was in 2nd gear, as soon as the rpm's hit about 3k to 3500K the Turbo completely changed it's tune from its normal whine to an even louder whine that sounded more like a whistle. Is this normal?

Next, When starting the car in the morning obviously when the engine is cold, there is a kinda of hum or similar type sound that I can hear from inside the car, (no it's not the radio). When I open the door I really don't hear it, could this be the fuel pump or turbo or something else and is this normal? :confused: Like I said I know nothing about these cars.

I really would appreciate your input.

Also, do any of you get minor creaks or small sqeaks/rattles from your interior. My driver side front seat creaks at times, almost sounds like the springs or something is not lubricated. :wtf:

Thanks again and sorry for the long thread.

Rudi

Last edited:
Mazdaspd035 said:
Ok, there are a couple things I have have questions on. Since this is my first turbo car I don't know anything about them and I don't know what is normal and what is not. Yesterday while driving, I think I was in 2nd gear, as soon as the rpm's hit about 3k to 3500K the Turbo completely changed it's tune from its normal whine to an even louder whine that sounded more like a whistle. Is this normal?

Next, When starting the car in the morning obviously when the engine is cold, there is a kinda of hum or similar type sound that I can hear from inside the car, (no it's not the radio). When I open the door I really don't hear it, could this be the fuel pump or turbo or something else and is this normal? :confused: Like I said I know nothing about these cars.

I really would appreciate your input.

Also, do any of you get minor creaks or small sqeaks/rattles from your interior. My driver side front seat creaks at times, almost sounds like the springs or something is not lubricated. :wtf:

Thanks again and sorry for the long thread.

Rudi

yeah for your first question, thats completely normal. the turbo will ahem, scream at high rpm.

second question, i donno, mine doesn't do that.

last question, yeah thats normal, it the chipmunks laughing at you. its the suspension i think. mine does that too, but i get it on the passenger side.

Damn, it sounds bad. :eek: You better just do yourself a favor my friend. Hand the keys over to me. :p

MisterT said:
Damn, it sounds bad. :eek: You better just do yourself a favor my friend. Hand the keys over to me. :p

I don't know, let me think about that one...:D

Oh well, at least it doesn't make nearly as much noise as the 1998 Convertible GT Mustang I traded in. I was about to spray foam insulation all over that mustang to keep it from rattling....ugh. I got into my MSP to go to lunch and I found myself smiling. I love my car...:)

Thanks for your opinions guys

Rudi

an update...that humming/moaning noise goes away once the engine is warmed up(after driving for few minutes). Really notice it when getting in the car to work.

Back