Quality Of your MSP?

nothing fixed yet, havent called mazda yet, just got the car back from the body shop. i gather ill call tomorrow. rattling, feh, if i get a good strong bass hit.

If you look under the rear of the car, there's a big red bar with the words "RACING BEAT" on it. You should be able to see two black rubber things wrapping around the big red bar. Those are the bushings murdock_ is talking about.

On some other threads, they talk about the "clunk". The bushings are PART of that problem.

My previous Protege is 12.5 years old and still runs perfectly. I expect the new one to be almost as good. I say almost because the Mazdaspeed is a new model and new models always have issues. As long as you have a good dealer/service rep then the issues will quickly fade and you'll have fun tossing this car around. I'm enjoying the heck out of the MSP.

stree_wario said:
What do you think of the quality of your MSP, im very close to buying one but the thing that is holding me back is that its a cheap ass car with a cheap powerful engine...or isnt it?

The Quality?

Well..........other than the clunk, the hesitation, the broken shift fork, the coolant leak, the broken subwoofer, and incessant rattling...............it's top notch. :rolleyes:

yeah, i think that the MSP is a pretty high quality car...the only problem that i have with it is that it's...

FWD ! blah...i guess i just miss my miata:'( i wish i had money to fix it

I just wish it came pushing 200hp, not at the wheels. It'd be really easy to make it into a WRX killer....

I almost went for the WRX. Heck, I test drove it and was on my way to picking one up. But of course, as fate would have it, the Mazda dealer was next door, and walking by the MSP, I fell in love. The body styling stands out, but doesn't scream "rice rocket", and I feel it's a nice compromise.

This car is worth every penny. Hell, I think its a steal. Finally, I got to rip off a car company. Take that Mazda! Turbo, Racing Hart rims, Kenwood sound system w/ MP3 player, and the kit?? What more could you want?

You can often get aftermarket leather seating (and door inserts) for $1000 if you are unsatisfied with the stock cloth seats!

a little addition, washer fluid problem fixed (sometimes it is the simplest things)...heh...anyway, the MSP is a damn good car, should outlast those Ecotech Cavaliers you know.

Bhamsan said:
I just wish it came pushing 200hp, not at the wheels. It'd be really easy to make it into a WRX killer....

Hehe- it is real easy to make into a WRX killer.. Lol- a friend of mine just test drove one and his exact words were "it was a ridiculously slow POS" :).. He really liked my MSP when I had it and was actually with me the night I smoked my friends high 13 second WRX :).
Joe

Back