put in a new horn

drumsbeloud

:
02 MP5-T
well, i i finally got around to getting rid of the damn stock horn. i went to a local wrecker and got an old one for a couple bucks and did the switch. i'm still not completely satisfied with the sound, but it's waaay better than the old one. i may have to look around and find a better sounding one...we'll see.

hey congrats. i took your advice and moved mine out of my grill. looks much better but sounds a little muffled... lol oh well. post pics! - chris

nice work L8R. i'm sure that cleans up the look quite a bit. i haven't taken any pics of it...it's kinda pointless...it's just a different shaped horn...it's not very exciting. :( plus i'll probably just get more s*** for having a dirty engine bay! :D

I put new horns in my car last week. One is a high and the other is a low tone. They sound much better than the stock buzz the factory horn made. I will get some pics up tomorrow.....spent $21 at auto-zone and about 30 mins of time installing them.

-R

since my car came with an alarm and its basicly the horn its connected too. How would I change the horn

Don't mean on stealing your post Drums

I think I'm going to try and find some probe horns. The ones on my 93 sounded like normal ol car horns, not the "squeezing a fart out of a bumblebees butt" sounding horns on the P5!

hahaha, you guys think the p5's horn is bad, try a 94 civic hatch. Thats is a messed up horn. My friend just put 2 150 dB air horns in his sonoma. One in the normal horns place, and one peeking out next to his trailer hitch. He says its for honking at tailgaters, but I think he uses a lot more to scare anyone standing around the back of his truck. But that s*** is LOUD!!

Dimitrios said:
/\ So both turn on simulateously while pressing the horn? how does that work?

Yes they both go on at the same time. I just took off the factory horn and mounted one where that was, and the other on the other side of the hood prop. They sound really nice and 400% louder than the stock horn.

I used the power line going to the factory horn, and connected that to the second horn, too. Both horns are grounded to the place I mounted them, just like the factory horn. Sorry I did not get pics up today. Will get them up tomorrow.

-R

if there's a local auto wrecker near you, just go there and you can get one super cheap. just make sure they're intact and get the guy to test it for you.

How would I know which horn would sound loud enough without testing them? I want something loud as hell that no one can ignore. I was thinking that I could only find something like this as an aftermarket product. Thanks for the help. :)

a lot of people like the Fiam horns...i'm sure they're plenty loud (although i've never heard one...as far as i know). someone mentioned the dual horns too...get one off of a pickup truck (most use dual horns) and that'll be plenty loud enough.

Back