prtoege garage big brake kit

makvli199

:
Mazda Protege Mp3
Has anyone purchased the big brake kit? If so is the performance of the brake system worth getting for performance and looks. also does anybody have any pictures. thank you

If you aren't driving your car on roadcourses it will be just for looks. If you really want street performance, get better brake pads: Carboteck Panther+, Hawk HP+ or similar.

I've got this. I noticed a huge difference, but then again I have a 02' ES. I went with the slotted rotors, Greenstuff pads( dont waste the money) and SS brakelines, so for me It was a huge upgrade. Dont care what anyone says. oh yeah I went with all four corners on this, 11 inch all the way around

MakeMeGoFast said:
I've got this. I noticed a huge difference, but then again I have a 02' ES. I went with the slotted rotors, Greenstuff pads( dont waste the money) and SS brakelines, so for me It was a huge upgrade. Dont care what anyone says. oh yeah I went with all four corners on this, 11 inch all the way around
What I am saying is that you can feel the same or more difference by changing brake pads. Also you have less unsprung weight for better handling and less weight for acceleration. The only time you have to go bigger on the rotor is when you are already have brake pads made for the heat and you are still getting brake fade. I am almost to that point in my MSP at some roadcourses. Hopefully the brake cooling ducts will help out this year.

i really just want an 11inch rotor because i plan on putting rims on and they look so small. but then again the kid who had the car before me bought some crappy ass rotors.

There is always the MSP brake kit that protegegarage sells. Have you priced any big brake kits? Like $1500 for the fronts only!

Back