Proud to say I am having my first speed6 issue

Flightmedic

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Well I got my registration in the mail because I did not want to drive an hour and a half to the dealer to get my inspection done they mailed me the reg and said they would refund the 29 dollars for the inspection. So I went to a local shop and they failed me. Said it was a non communication issue with my obd port. So now I have a temp 60 day "R" Sticker on my windshield. Technician said that the dealer i bought the car from has to fix because they cant sell a car that cant pass the stae inspection so wish me luck in getting this taken care of...(nervous)

Well I got my registration in the mail because I did not want to drive an hour and a half to the dealer to get my inspection done they mailed me the reg and said they would refund the 29 dollars for the inspection. So I went to a local shop and they failed me. Said it was a non communication issue with my obd port. So now I have a temp 60 day "R" Sticker on my windshield. Technician said that the dealer i bought the car from has to fix because they cant sell a car that cant pass the stae inspection so wish me luck in getting this taken care of...(nervous)

Does your inspection station know the MS6 OBD communication protocall is "CAN" and requires updated equipment to access? Most cars from 2005 up are Controller Area Network (CAN). The previous version OBD1 and OBD2 readers won't work on it.

There is a TSB reflash for OBII compliant fix. The reflash "fixes" the communication glitch between the cars ECU/PCM via the OBII port.

From Mazda TSB concerning OBII compliance issues.

FALSE MIL ILLUMINATION WITH MULTIPLE U-CODE DTCS
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
All 2003 - 2004 Mazda6
2005 Mazda6 2.3L only
DESCRIPTION
Some customer vehicles may have a false MIL illumination with multiple U-code DTCs. This condition may be
caused if the WDS DLC cable is connected or disconnected while the ignition switch is in the ON position, or
when the engine is idling.
IMPORTANT: When connecting or disconnecting the WDS DLC cable (or any scan tool equipment) to
the DLC-2 connector (under dash), the ignition switch must be in the OFF position, otherwise, the MIL
light may come ON and false CAN communication DTC codes may be set in the different CAN bus modules.
The following DTCs may be stored if this condition occurs:
U1900-ABS
U2516-ABS
U1900-FF-IC
U2516-FF-IC
U0073-FF-PCM
U0073-FF-TCM
U0100-FF-TCM

NOTE: It has been reported that some customer vehicles have failed the state emission OBD II test. This may
be caused by the inspection station connecting or disconnecting the DLC cable when the ignition
switch in the ON position, or when the engine is idling.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Verify customer concern.
2. Erase all DTCs.
3. Turn OFF MIL.
4. Turn ignition switch to OFF position.
5. Disconnect WDS DLC or scan tool cable.
6. Verify repair.

Or it could be this:

Make : MAZDA Model : MAZDASPEED6 Year : 2006
Manufacturer : MAZDA MOTOR CORP
Service Bulletin Number : 09012007 Date of Bulletin : SEP 01, 2007
NHTSA Item Number : 10023192
Component : ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING:INTERIOR/UNDER DASH
Summary :
MIL ILLUMINATION (DTC P2006) VOLUNTARY EMISSION RECALL CAMPAIGN 4807H AND OBD-II COMPLIANCE VOLUNTARY EMISSION RECALL CAMPAIGN 4907H. *NJ

Last edited:
Back