Mazda6 2.5L 2018 Turbo lots of engine/turbo issues

I have a mazda 6 2018 2.5 turbo and i regret every single day of my life for buying it ! It has been a challenging having that car basically after it passed the mark of 60k miles/powertrain warranty i had to rebuild the engine bc of a cracked head which also seems to be normal btw those turbocharged skyactive engines, and after 5k miles driving it around 68k miles got a engine light= code P144C evap, and just took it to the dealer and they also found low boost issues which can be the turbo…hopefully i dont have to also change the turbo 🙄

That sucks. Sorry to hear you are having issues. I have a 2017 N/A Mazda 6 GT, and it has been trouble free so far. Having said that, I just bought a 2023 Kia Stinger with the 3.3 twin turbo. What a freekin' car.

Maybe get your Mazda fixed as cheaply as possible, and trade it in.

I have a mazda 6 2018 2.5 turbo and i regret every single day of my life for buying it ! It has been a challenging having that car basically after it passed the mark of 60k miles/powertrain warranty i had to rebuild the engine bc of a cracked head which also seems to be normal btw those turbocharged skyactive engines, and after 5k miles driving it around 68k miles got a engine light= code P144C evap, and just took it to the dealer and they also found low boost issues which can be the turbo…hopefully i dont have to also change the turbo 🙄
That stinks. Yours is the first one in the country I've seen get the cracked head issue. It's primarily been the CX-9's. I've been tracking the 6's as I have an '18 turbo too. So far it's been the most reliable car I've ever had and was hoping it stayed that way.

Update: gotta change the turbo lol. Very disappointed! im questioning myself at this point what else i have to change ? Transmission?😭

I kinda knew it was the turbo bc i felt like the performance went down bad and gas draining, before my car used to do 23-25mpg and now somewhere around 15-17mpg keep in mind i never pass the mark of 3000rpm since i got the new engine

You might want to get a second opinion with this cel trouble code. I personally have trust issues with dealership diagnosis. I had my engine replaced due to the cracked head issue. When I got my car back, turbo wasn't forcing air into the engine. If you don't go beyond 3k, you might not feel the power loss. I'm not saying that's the issue with your situation, but good honest knowledgeable techs are very hard to come by.

guess what lol, engine had issue right after the 60k powertrain warranty exactly at 64k miles and now it has approximately 70k 😢 6k for a new engine and 1k for a turbo replacement= 7k already in less than 5months
Have you driven it hard over the years? Having one, I know it's difficult not to use its performance. That's why it's there, right?

Just curious at what to expect. If you've driven conservatively, then I'm more worried.

I also have an '18 CX-9 (wife's) that happens to be at 64K and not a single problem so far. We've put it's turbo through its paces too!

Have you driven it hard over the years? Having one, I know it's difficult not to use its performance. That's why it's there, right?

Just curious at what to expect. If you've driven conservatively, then I'm more worried.

I also have an '18 CX-9 (wife's) that happens to be at 64K and not a single problem so far. We've put it's turbo through its paces too!
not at all i always tried to keep rpm under 3000 or less

Latest posts

Back