prototype turbo pics!!!!!

spoolinmp3

Contributor
Hi guys,
Here are the pics of the stage 1 prototype kit. Bear in mind that these pics are not exact representations of what the kit is going to be the actual kit will be coated(all kits will actually include a trick turbonetics external wastegate) I will have updated pics along with dyno charts up soon on our website.

We have been running it around for a few weeks and I have been very delighted with the performance. Surprised at how well 4-5 psi is feeling. The install on one of these kits is about 4-5 hours and is extremely easy.

Here is what will be included

T3 turbo
Tubular manifold (coated)
Charge pipes (powder coated)
Stainless braided oil lines and earls anodized fittings
HKS BOV
Vortech fuel managment unit
boost gauge
SPOOL downpipe
Turbonetics external wastegate
Airfilter
all fittings, hoses and clamps

Let me know what you guys think!

............I took out the pic........its to huge! Is there anyone that can help me resize it
Thanks
im000083.jpg

Last edited:
turbo kit looks SWEET!

what are the specifics again? will it be a complete kit, bolt-n-go?

Looking sweet. I might have to buy my girlfriend a Protege to try it out.

Thanks for the help njaremka:D
Yes this kit will be a bolt n go kit. Everything is included. Stage 2 upgrade comes in the future (FMIC upgrade) or one can upgrade themselves buy buying an intercooler and making there own intercooler pipes for those on a budget;)

Also some of you may have noticed that the manifold design is different. This will be our new shorty tubular manifold. We will still offer the full tubular equal length as an upgrade for 200 more beans.

We are also looking at a shop that will be an authorized installer for us in miami, since we do not have the facilities and the pricing per install seems to be very reasonable.

I will keep everyone updated:)

Last edited:
Hey Spoolin

I also live in Miami and i'm very interested in this prototype starter kit of yours. How can i get in contact with you or an address to come check out this kit in person. Is it possible i can purchase it directly from you in person once you have fabricated more. This is what i've been looking for, basically a bolt and go set up,nothing to complicated. Looks like a very simple clean yet effective set up. I like it. Throw me some ###$$$

Looking good spoolin, it looks like the simplified version of what is going on up under my hood.LOL Good Job. (bluemp3) (yellomp3) (thumb)

thanks for the compliments guys
We do not stock these and make them on an order basis only. We have it down to a 2 week wait.

The price of the kit as follows

Stage 1 bolt n go kit ($2595.00 usd)
T3turbo
Tubular manifold (coated)
Charge pipes (powder coated)
Stainless braided oil lines and earls anodized fittings
HKS BOV
Vortech fuel managment unit
boost gauge
SPOOL downpipe
Turbonetics external wastegate
Airfilter
all fittings, hoses and clamps

Stage 1.5 upgrade ($2795.00 usd)
Includes all of the above but with an upgraded
Full equal length tubular manifold.

Stage 2 Intercooler upgrade (TBA)

This sounds great, and appropriately priced. How much power is the stage one going to be, again? 160whp? I am interested as well.

Here are pics of the upgraded full tubular manifold for reference
spool mani.jpg

This sounds great, and appropriately priced. How much power is the stage one going to be, again? 160whp? I am interested as well.
We will dyno soon. I am very confident that we can get 160whp out of this setup:D

what is the diffrence between the Full equal length tubular manifold and the tulbular manifold exept for the obvious, is the spool up faster ? better flow ?, and what kind of T3 turbo are you using ? and what's involved in tuning the turbo kit ? thanks,

tom,

what is the diffrence between the Full equal length tubular manifold and the tulbular manifold exept for the obvious, is the spool up faster ? better flow ?, and what kind of T3 turbo are you using ? and what's involved in tuning the turbo kit ? thanks,

The full header offers faster spool and better flow charecteristics. The t3 has a 60 trim compressor and .48 turbine.

We also offer bigger turbines upon request.
Tuning this kit is like all others. Making sure there are no vacum leaks, proper oiling to the turbo and tweaking of the FMU.

ok, cool do you know by what rpm dose the turbo spool up by ? and how is the boost controled i dint see a boost controler on the list ? plust other then what' you provide what other stuff would i need to purches in order to run higher boost ? thanks,

Looks like a great kit and at a very competitive price...and having staged kits is a good idea.

I'm very interested to the see the response from the owners of this kit and how they compare to the other kits.

Be cool to have a turbo kit showdown...price-whp-1/4 mile-ease of install-reliability-parts-manifold design-how does the car respond/behave..etc...etc.

The beauty of having this turbo in stages is the upgradability you upgrade as you go along. As for boost.............Boost control is via the external wastegate. This offers superior boost control and springs can be switched out for higher boost or you can buy an electronic or manual boost control. Anything over 5 psi will need an intercooler. This can be solved 2 ways. Wait for the stage 2 upgrade. Or purchase an intercooler (used ones can be had on ebay for 150 dollars) and run or fabricate the plumbing(most muffler shops or fabs can do this) for about 200-400 dollars. This will enable you run 8 psi of boost. I reccomend changing the spring in the wastegate to raise the boost. Boost controllers are dangerous for those people overly anxious:D

Last edited:
Spoolin it looks great, I especially love the manifold...also I think it was a good idea to use the T3 it seems to be the best turbo for the characteristics most of these guys are looking for...course not me ;) But it looks sweet I can't wait to see everything powder coated!!

Back