ProtegeFest 2005 Location Suggestions

Where do you want ProtegeFest 2005 to be?

• Pomona Raceway

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Los Angeles County Raceway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Famoso Raceway

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Carlsbad Raceway

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatTrax

:
2003 Protege5
I am putting up a poll with a list of which I think would be the best locations for ProtegeFest '05 as SD doesn't seem to be the best location IMO for this year's event. I am also asking for the PEOPLE'S suggestions as to where next year's event should be located.

These are what I think are the best choices:

Pomona Raceway (Pomona, CA)
Los Angeles County Raceway (Palmdale, CA)
Famoso Raceway (Bakersfield, CA)
Carlsbad Raceway (San Marcos, CA)

Remember, this is for EVERYONE that owns a Protege. ANYONE can spectate. This event is NOT limited to just Cali people. However, because of MNAO's location it's best to keep the location in SoCal. Any suggestions are HIGHLY recommend. Thanks for your time.

NOTE: This is not anything official, this is just to get the opinion of the members on the forum. I do not speak for Mazda, nore do I speak for any clubs or organizations. This is simply for statistical reasons.

Also, another thing is that maybe it is better to not even host the event at a track but at a nice area. This brings insurance costs down and allows to budget for better accomodations like food, awards, etc. I think a show competition with certain categories would be sweet. Also a sound off would be awesome too! The sound off I can easily get sponsorship and equipment for so that would not be a problem.

Last edited:
pomona, carlsbad, or palmdale...all 3 are fine choices...desert sucks for drag racing so lets try to avoid bakersfield.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately we wont have much of a say. Its not really up for negotiation. This poll is alittle pre mature also considering we don't even know the sucess of ProtegeFest 2004 yet. When James and I met with our Mazda rep, we did discuss a particluar location for the future. We have to be able to accomidate Mazda, otherwise they wont be willing to help us out.

As far as insurance goes, its not even a issue. The track has supplied the insurance that Mazda Requires. 1 Million. So none of our budget that Mazda has allocated to us is going to insurance. What Mazda is paying for in this event is: Food and Sinage. Our ProtegeFest board of directors already has a location in the works for the future, and it is up north, but its not on your poll. If you would like a spot on a board of directors for next years ProetegeFest, let us know over at MOCC.

Also if you would like more information on the event and what is going on, and whats being planned, drop one of us a PM. There is alot of misinformation in this thread.

Last edited:
nonameheroes said:
pomona, carlsbad, or palmdale...all 3 are fine choices...desert sucks for drag racing so lets try to avoid bakersfield.
palmdale is the desert :p
bakersfield is more green than palmdale, but it's humid and temps are kinda whack.

Like I said before, this is NOT official. This has no ties with any organization/club WHATSOEVER. This is just to get ideas of what the people want since that didn't exactly happen before. This event is for the people, not just for the people of MOCC and Mazda. I think it is very important that the users of the board have more of an understanding of what's going on with the event rather than just advertising it and collecting fees. The only reason there is misinformation is because no one has any information other than the BoD.

Anyways, asside from that. I have many ideas for next year's event. Several different show contests, sound offs, bikini contest! well, i dunno about the bikini contest, but i think we could get steph to participate! j/k :p

Lets get ProtegeFest 2004 out of the way first. Then we can discuss this. Although as I said we have a great location in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back