Protege5 Dashboard Accessory

THE Phen

:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
My buddy made this the other day and I slapped in on my car. I don't have the LEDs behind it yet to show off the full effect, but I think the picture I took with the flash will give you and idea behind it. Let me know what you think. If you think it's ricey or stupid, I welcome the opinion. Just don't flame me for asking.

DSC00115.JPG

dsc00113.jpg

very fun? I had a similar look going for a while but with just the real Protege5 emblem sitting underneath my radio like that.

I wasn't going to do anything like that originally, but the cheap pocket I picked up looks like crap. I'm still kicking myself for getting it. Anyway, after my buddy saw it he said that he had an idea. A few days later, he came back with that.

I know, I know, I should have gotten an MSP pocket...

Certainly came out nicely... Still pretty tacky. If you're looking to fill that space, there's gotta be something better you could do.

I like it. Mine looks like crap - just a aluminium plate. i should add a P5 emblem....

i've custom made one that you guys might like! i'll try to get some pics of it up soon

I started to do that too but never finished it. Still have the piece of aluminum floating around somewhere that I cut and polished to fit.
I kind of like it.

It would be even cooler if that part could hinge down, so that the pocket was still accessible. Would look good, especially, if you had the pro5 door sils

you know, i was going to fill that hole with a face of switches and stuff. Now i'm seriously considering doing something like yours only that flips down and putting the switches behind it. Honestly, the only thing I would knock about it is the lines are a bit choppy, but overall the effect is really cool, especially when you get the LED's in there.

2003protege said:
you know, i was going to fill that hole with a face of switches and stuff. Now i'm seriously considering doing something like yours only that flips down and putting the switches behind it. Honestly, the only thing I would knock about it is the lines are a bit choppy, but overall the effect is really cool, especially when you get the LED's in there.
I agree - I think LEDs and some tint to match the orange of the rest of the interior lighting would be quite acceptable.

Also keep in mind that I have two of those...the one that's on there is the one that got screwed up, so I have it on there until I get the LEDs in. I'll put the good one one when everything is good to go...and I may have to see if I can do a hinge idea. I'll make a note, make the 5 a little orange to match the interior lighting...good call.

As always, it's still a work in progress...

Ok, I fixed the dashboard up. I got the LEDs installed, and everything is working again. Here's a crappy cell phone picture from this morning's drive to work. I like the effect of it.

Attachments

• 03-12-07_0618.jpg
    03-12-07_0618.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 120
i don't quite know if i like it or not. its still a really cool idea. i give you props for that. i agree w/ w/e guy said u should put hinges on it and have the pocket. that would be awesome

Latest posts

Back