Protege03ak46's Build Thread

Finished stripping the other light this morning. Then worked it smooth with 320 grit and finished with a 1000 grit wet sand. Still looked rather dull so hit it with an automotive clear. The results are pretty good, could use a polish but I dont have any lol.

Heres a pic:
photo-6.jpg

Then I washed and prepared her for the Excelorator car show on Saturday. Gana be a 6 hour drive so I covered the front in blue tape, It makes me laugh.

Had a major set back tonight. While making a turn my front driver side wheel literally flew off. The wheel continued down the road where hit eventually met a curb, the wheel is driveable but the lip is ****** up and curbed. My suspension was luckily unharmed and is fine. As is my brakes. One thing that isn't ok is my fender, it's gone. Unusable. The lip is folded over and crimped, the part where it attaches to the door is all pulled out. I'm so sad right now, right after I got it right were I wanted it, it's out.

I believe the cause was a mix of bad aluminum lugnuts and the spacers. The spacers left only 3-4 threads and it just is t enough All 4 lugs were stripped from the studs. So here's a warning, and please tell everyone who's bought, or is thinking of buying; Don't buy any lugs that are made buy "Vision Motor Sports"

that blows bro. but at least now you have a reason to get in on the carbon fiber fenders

damn...sorry to hear bro...good luck with everything.

something like this is always my worst fear...how fast were you going?

Last edited:
No, luckly my frame is lower then the lip and and it only dropped 2 inch's. I out it up on a lift and laughed my ass off. I wish I had a picture to show you guys, it was scratched up to s*** and the running board next to the pinch welds are caved in. It's awesome lol.

In other news I bought a new wheel and I'm gana try and find a new fender when I get home.

sweeettttt

Dude, I went to buy those visors tonight and the price is still the same but they want $17 for ship, wtf

im gonna tell you again. cf fenders. would be ba. and at least you can keep the scratched wheel as a spare,

Don't buy any lugs that are made buy "Vision Motor Sports"

Sorry to hear all this hope you can fix the car up again.On another note I've been rockin the same lug nut's for over two years so I really don't think that was the problem.More like the amount of thread that was left for them to grab onto.

Dang. Kind of scary to think about. I was thinking of going with 15MM spacers for my MSP for the RH's. Gonna have to check if the spacers will allow enough grab on the lugs. Thinking about using the full bolt on though so should be ok.

As long as you use the bolt on's, you'll be good

Dang. Kind of scary to think about. I was thinking of going with 15MM spacers for my MSP for the RH's. Gonna have to check if the spacers will allow enough grab on the lugs. Thinking about using the full bolt on though so should be ok.

Update:

My new wheel has come and its been mounted and painted. I have also found someone local who's parting out a P5. I talked with him the other day and he said he'll let a fender go for $50. Ive been thinking about it, and I'v decided not to paint it. Instead, its gana be stripped down to bare metal and rusted. Yup, Im goin durty euro. Should be interesting. Also set an appointment with a local PDR guy to have all my dents fixed. In all this whole repair is going fast and smooth. which makes me a happy camper. :D

In other news, I was fortunate enough to be featured on a local site called NW-Built. Heres a link to my feature: ever see a protg like this one?

Check out the comments....I got a hater!

Wouldn't really say the guy was hating, seemed more like genuine concern that came off as frustration which in turn came off as him acting like an ass.

Back