Protege03ak46's Build Thread

Thanks guys!

Love this look. MSP bumper just adds so much aggressiveness to the whole car. I also really like the bronze on black.

Got my rear sway bar installed today for the first time in almost two years. Picked up a set of Moog universal sway bar bushings and brackets for $13 at O'Reilly's. Needed some modification to fit the rear sub frame but it turned out perfect and bolted right in. Add a set of aac end links and she's good to go. It's a bit wet today so tons of understeer comes into play. Gonna wait till it gets try and see how far she can be pushed. Rear end feels much more solid and stays flat in the corners

How was the fitment with the 521's? I'm sure its been covered, but I'm curious since I'm thinking about running the same wheels.

But a spicy was never build with the 03.5 style lip from the factory is my point? Meaning it would have to have been painted aftermarket.

Couple weeks back I picked up some NASCAR style spoiler supports from a race part liquidator on ebay. Used but are in decent condition and the price couldn't be beat. Ive been trying to find the right ones for a little over a year now and when I came across these I knew they had to be mine. Few days later these arrived in the mail

They are 100% aluminum, minus hardware, and are extremely light. They are in need of a new coat of paint but I wanted to get them mocked up first. Possibly white?

All mocked up and read to drill some holes:

I was gonna use the factory holes left from the badges but I quickly figured out they arnt symmetrical. No problem used the driver side one and with a lot of double checking with a tape measure I was able to get it damn near perfect on the passenger side

I was originally gonna use finish washers up top to affix the brackets to wing. Decided to scrap that as the only finish washers I could source were steel. Counter sunk look's much much cleaner, just wish I could have found allen headed counter sinks!!!

Vibration's are my only worry, so I applied some lock tight on every bolt. Ill go back over every bolt In a few weeks and re-tighten just in case

Not like it does anything for me, but the wing is very, very strong. I could definitely Plank on it!

Dude those look sick I think if u painted the wing while and the supports whit it would look good and if u put a fat ass AAC sticker on the bottom or the top that would look boss

Just read through everything. Awesome to see all the changes and work that's gone into this car.

Any updates, what have you been working on lately?

Time for Boost!!
CAM00134_zpsbfcea033.jpg

Latest posts

Back