Protege High Mileage Club

awesome to see all of these high mileage proteges! i will try and update the list.

I'll hit 201,000 in my '00 ES soon....granted I only got it about a month ago and it had like 198k then...but other than a vacuum leak and high idle, it's running pretty strong.

2002 Protege 5 216,000 miles. Still purring like a kitten. No major work ever needed. Love this car!

i-Xsfh5j6-L.jpg

Last edited:
Totalled my '02 P5 Jul 16 w/249K. Only had the clutch done. Was my baby!!
Now I have a '03 Protege ES w/130K. Miss my P5. Loved everything about that car.

Wow! Looks in real good shape. Mine's in dire need of a respray fixing of a couple of dings. I've got 148,000 miles on mine now. I bought it with 51,000 miles so I've almost put 100,000 miles on it myself. I just did the oil pan gasket the other day because it had a small leak.

wow clement ghost that looks awesome! youre the first person ive seen with that bumper

Hey guys, my protege5's timing belt broke yesterday while driving. I'm still wondering if the FS-DE is non interference, because I don't want the tech to replace the timing belt only to find out there is a bent piston or something.

Ya I wanna know what bumper that is. And UPDATE. Hit 150k today. 99prolx 99 protege lx 150k

Hey guys, my protege5's timing belt broke yesterday while driving. I'm still wondering if the FS-DE is non interference, because I don't want the tech to replace the timing belt only to find out there is a bent piston or something.

Non-interference.

The bumper on my car is the corksport "MS style" front bumper. I also got the corksport "MS style" side skirts. Rear lip comes from a MP3, custom hood ram air intake...etc.

147k for me starts when it wants to. And our motors are interference I really need to do my timing belt now thati think about it...

Back