Prosport Boost Gauge Wiring Help. I actually have a headache from thinking about it.

I think i'm going to run mine right to the battery, that way i'm not taking power off no critical circuits, or hacking into any wires on the car. My dimmer i will take from the light on the ash tray tho.

I think i'm going to run mine right to the battery, that way i'm not taking power off no critical circuits, or hacking into any wires on the car. My dimmer i will take from the light on the ash tray tho.

how are you gonna get the gauge to shut off then??

Haha wiring cars is not my expertise, but I do what I can.. I will fix mine tomorrow.. If I find a good power source to tap into I'll let you know..

Sadly i'm a electronics technologist, had a real brain fart the other night when i wrote that

Hoping to install this weekend providing i get my pod by friday. I'll keep you informed tho, kills me having the gauge for over a week and no pod lol

guys, you can use two empty fuse slots in the fuse panel on the driver side kick panel.

there's two slots there with no fuse's in them. strip the wire an inch or so. melt some solder on the end to make it nice solid and slid it inbetween the two metal tabs that would make contact with a blade type fuse's tabs.

i've been running mine like that for almost two years now.

hope this helps.

guys, you can use two empty fuse slots in the fuse panel on the driver side kick panel.

there's two slots there with no fuse's in them. strip the wire an inch or so. melt some solder on the end to make it nice solid and slid it inbetween the two metal tabs that would make contact with a blade type fuse's tabs.

i've been running mine like that for almost two years now.

hope this helps.

thats what i did, just using a fuse tap from autozone. if you guys arent familar, its basically just a block that goes into the fuse slot and has a wire hanging off it that you attach to your power wires. very easy, pretty cheap, and completely reversible...

I'm just now getting a day off of work to fix my gauges.. Does it matter what slot in the fuse box that you run the power wire too?

Ok either I'm an idiot or something is wrong.. I have changed my wiring and ran power (RED) and white face (WHITE) wires to the fuse box.. I bought a fuse tap and plugged it in the empty slot.. I turn the car on and it does the opening ceremony, then I turn the car off and the gauge just turns off. It doesn't do the closing ceremony at all. What am I doing wrong?

I just went back outside and fiddled with the gauge wiring some more.. I had the ground wire attached to a negative ground wire. I thought this may be the issue so I wired it to a bolt under the console attached to the metal near the ebrake. Still no closing ceremony.

I think my gauge is posessed!

I have my gauge hooked up as others have stated, with the red to constant power and the orange (only wanted the red display) to the green wire on the headlight dimmer. Turn on the car and the gauge comes to life, but no back light. Flip the headlights on and the display comes on. Turn off the headlights and display stays on. Now here is the weird thing. Started the car after work yesterday and the display lit up WHITE. The white wire isn't attached to anything!!! WTF??(freak)

I'll take some pictures tomorrow when i install mine. Only got my pod Monday and first day this week that i'd have a chance.

Okay hopefully I can see what you did and figure out what I'm doing wrong.. I have tried wiring it up every way I can think of and nothing is working..

Wired the power wire to a positive wire on the cigarette lighter then tried wiring it to the fuse box.. Wired the ground to a negative wire, then tried grounding it to a bolt under the console.. I don't know what to do so any help will be great..

I have my gauge hooked up as others have stated, with the red to constant power and the orange (only wanted the red display) to the green wire on the headlight dimmer. Turn on the car and the gauge comes to life, but no back light. Flip the headlights on and the display comes on. Turn off the headlights and display stays on. Now here is the weird thing. Started the car after work yesterday and the display lit up WHITE. The white wire isn't attached to anything!!! WTF??(freak)

Sounds like a loose wire or two. check your ground

Okay hopefully I can see what you did and figure out what I'm doing wrong.. I have tried wiring it up every way I can think of and nothing is working..

Wired the power wire to a positive wire on the cigarette lighter then tried wiring it to the fuse box.. Wired the ground to a negative wire, then tried grounding it to a bolt under the console.. I don't know what to do so any help will be great..

you said in the PM that its just the closing ceremony thats not working right? i've actually never even paid attention to mine to see what it does when i shut the car off. basic electronics tells me that it would still need some residual power to perform anything once the power to it is cut...so i'm not sure if maybe the gauge needs to be wired to something with "acc" power and the sender to "on" power? (for example your radio plays even when the engine is off and the key is at "acc", but the windows only work if its at the "on" position"

Yeah I can't get the closing ceremony to work and I can't get the beep to cut off even when I do the holding of the button.. Basically it is like it resets everytime I cut the car off so I'm assuming I'm not getting a constant 12v source of power, I figured that taping into the fusebox would fix this but it has done nothing.

which specific gauge do you have? i'm guessing the electronic premium?

Back