prospecting - possible 2003.5 MSP stock front lip FS or FT

NeilBey

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I took my front lip/spoiler off of my 2003.5 MSP, because the paint was flaking off. Has anybody else had this problem? I seriously stripped the paint off using nothing more than an air gun. Seems like a bit of a quality issue from the factory.

Anyways... I kinda like the look of it without the front lip/spoiler, save for the holes where there should be the stock fog lights.

Any idea how much these lips go for? It's pretty much naked at this point, and ready to be prepped, primed and painted. Ideally, I'd like to trade someone for their stock fog light setup (lights, bulbs, switch and any associated wiring) plus some cash. Again, I haven't been able to find how much these go for in the FS section.

Thanks!

I would say that lip has been repainted if the paint chipped off like that, factory paint is good quality. The front lip is worth about $300, there is one for sale right now.

I don't know. It looks factory color. The metallic yellow is a hard color to match.

That aside, I'm loving the look more and more now. It seems more sporty (like offroad rally car sporty). I need to fill the gaping holes with some fogs for sure though. I will get a photo and post up in the FS forum I think.

You can get fog deletes that fit the bumper without the lip as well. Just because the paint is difficult to match doesn't mean it's not possible to match.

This is what the fog deletes look like:
(ignore the chola)

The 03.5 front lip? It may not be available from a dealer but you can always check. I believe scratchnsniff has a couple possibly for sale.

Back