Proof that the P5 is slow!

Yes, that's the track that sucks, the new one behind the back straight.
If you stand at the starting line and look carefully, you'll notice that the finish is higher than the start, WTF?

Oh well, better than nothing.

Thekid760 said:
Yes, that's the track that sucks, the new one behind the back straight.
If you stand at the starting line and look carefully, you'll notice that the finish is higher than the start, WTF?

Oh well, better than nothing.
It was fun and no biggie. I now want to turbo and run again to have a before and after reference.

your car looks great..very original.

you should be able to get into the 16s without an issue. With 18s and a warm air intake, I ran a 16.9 my first time at the track about 4 years ago.

Enjoy it for what it is..don't go blow it up!

We needed proof that the P5 is slow? I feel it in the seat of my pants every day when I press the accelerator and very little happens! BUT, I do have to say that the P5 makes for a very sexy commuter car. I am getting 30 mpg, and a lot of that is spent bumper to bumper each day.

Boosted03MSP said:
I was definately being generous. LOL. I dont own a P5, just kinda a guess based off of owning a FS powered MX6. Either way, def need to boost that P5 to see lower #s. Maybe spray. Or try some pullies, jspec cam,mp3 ecu, weight reduction, cam gears etc ect.

intake, header, full exhaust, I wouldn't even expect it to hit 110whp

is your car an auto?? those times really seem too slow. i got 16.05 with my aem intake and ms axlback. 15.75 with udp, motor mount inserts and mp3 ecu added. my subs and spare tire was in the back too. i didnt really have the best starts in the world either. 2.30 and 2.33. (actually motor mounts really get the starts much faster)

jamesk said:
is your car an auto?? those times really seem too slow. i got 16.05 with my aem intake and ms axlback. 15.75 with udp, motor mount inserts and mp3 ecu added. my subs and spare tire was in the back too. i didnt really have the best starts in the world either. 2.30 and 2.33. (actually motor mounts really get the starts much faster)
I have a 5 speed and did 17's

Kansei said:
but you also have 18" wheels and subwoofers and such..
I ran with my 18's but took out sub,spare,and tools. Im happy though, because I think Im getting a turbo now!

....which is why Proteges are better suited turning than going straight.

reynoldsrobbie said:
My day at the track. I had three runs yesterday. All three were pretty much the same. I was running against a Acura RSX all three runs and won by a car length each run. I think the only way I won, was with a better RT. I had a .1, .21, and a .3. My 1/4 mile times were between 17.1 and 17.4 at just about 80 MPH. All in all it was a fun day at the drags.I cant wait til I go turbo!
sick picture man. get turbo@!

boostdprotegelx said:
sick picture man. get turbo@!
I think I got dibs on a BEGi stage 1 turbo kit from someone on the forum here. So, hopefully by spring Ill be turbo.

reynoldsrobbie said:
I think I got dibs on a BEGi stage 1 turbo kit from someone on the forum here. So, hopefully by spring Ill be turbo.
very awesome. ..i saw that thread. good luck to you.

I have ran my bro's truck a few times on the highway from a stop to about 130kph and i hang with him door to door and he was running 15.8 last year. im thinking about taking mine out this year to the track i know he will rape me but i think i might be in the 16.7 sec area but you know i wont know until i try.

Yeah...well my auto DX ran a 17.3 my first time at the track, and im sure if I took out my sub box, rear seats, spare, and a few other things I could run high 16's. It seems odd for you to be running times close to mine, I had a stock P5 manual with a cai and cut off enhaust and he beat me by 2 mph at the line.

jeg0024 said:
Yeah...well my auto DX ran a 17.3 my first time at the track, and im sure if I took out my sub box, rear seats, spare, and a few other things I could run high 16's. It seems odd for you to be running times close to mine, I had a stock P5 manual with a cai and cut off enhaust and he beat me by 2 mph at the line.
i dunno i ran stripped at the track..my best time was 16.63...

reynoldsrobbie said:

Install Party in the 909!!!! haha... we will knock it out in 1 day bro... for sure!

Back