Proof that the P5 is slow!

reynoldsrobbie

Contributor
:
2015 Mazda 3 iTouring sedan
My day at the track. I had three runs yesterday. All three were pretty much the same. I was running against a Acura RSX all three runs and won by a car length each run. I think the only way I won, was with a better RT. I had a .1, .21, and a .3. My 1/4 mile times were between 17.1 and 17.4 at just about 80 MPH. All in all it was a fun day at the drags.I cant wait til I go turbo!

Attachments

• track.JPG
    track.JPG
    568.9 KB · Views: 913
Not really a suprise its slow. Stock the P5 is putting down low 100s whp. With your 3 engine mods you might be laying down 130-150whp. You have a sub enclosure and 18s. Turning 16 to low 17s shouldnt be a huge shock. But it doesnt matter because your car looks really nice. The cf hood is pretty sick :)

Boosted03MSP said:
Not really a suprise its slow. Stock the P5 is putting down low 100s whp. With your 3 engine mods you might be laying down 130-150whp. You have a sub enclosure and 18s. Turning 16 to low 17s shouldnt be a huge shock. But it doesnt matter because your car looks really nice. The cf hood is pretty sick :)
Damn I/H/E puts you in the 130-150 whp range? hmmm I dunno man.

Yeah think the 150 HP is kinda high. My buddy has a turbo miata with 160 HP and he was running 15's on his runs. He almost took his buddy in a stock BMW M3!!!!

I was definately being generous. LOL. I dont own a P5, just kinda a guess based off of owning a FS powered MX6. Either way, def need to boost that P5 to see lower #s. Maybe spray. Or try some pullies, jspec cam,mp3 ecu, weight reduction, cam gears etc ect.

Boosted03MSP said:
I was definately being generous. LOL. I dont own a P5, just kinda a guess based off of owning a FS powered MX6. Either way, def need to boost that P5 to see lower #s. Maybe spray. Or try some pullies, jspec cam,mp3 ecu, weight reduction, cam gears etc ect.
I was thinking a bunch of stickers to boost up the HP! LOL!

with those 3 engine mods you have right now, you should be clocking in high 16s. i don't know but when i went to the tracks i think about a year ago, i only had short ram intake (aem) and exhaust, with my stock tires though and thats about it, my first run was 17.3, second was 16.9, third was 16.9 again but it felt like i could go lower than that. i raced an rsxs too with those three runs and they're fast no doubt about it.

Also forgot to mention, another member (udontknowjack) took one run in his MS3 with HKS blowoff valve ran a 16.

Pro5_Power said:
with those 3 engine mods you have right now, you should be clocking in high 16s. i don't know but when i went to the tracks i think about a year ago, i only had short ram intake (aem) and exhaust, with my stock tires though and thats about it, my first run was 17.3, second was 16.9, third was 16.9 again but it felt like i could go lower than that. i raced an rsxs too with those three runs and they're fast no doubt about it.
I think it was due to me racing with my 18's on it. My RT's were good and had no missed shifts with my B&M SS.

I bet if you put your stock rims on, lose the sub box you may hit 16.9s. s*** rip out the back seats and love another few pounds...lol (thumb)

reynoldsrobbie said:
I think it was due to me racing with my 18's on it. My RT's were good and had no missed shifts with my B&M SS.

your rt's are pretty good. damn, i never did go lower than .2.

BTW, what drag strip did you go to? That can make a pretty big difference.
Ex: The 1/4 mile at California Sppedway, the finish line it a few feet higher than the start, so your racing uphill(hand)
Very poor design.

Thekid760 said:
BTW, what drag strip did you go to? That can make a pretty big difference.
Ex: The 1/4 mile at California Sppedway, the finish line it a few feet higher than the start, so your racing uphill(hand)
Very poor design.
It was in fact California Speedway, but it is the new track, not the one by the grandstands.

Back