Project Cosmo 20B rebuild thread

Maybe we can do something...Hmmm...How about having shirts made or something..? :D

I saw the WD episode...First of all, your Cosmo looked great and nice jacket! Great to see the EC on a TV show and on the track BUT they didn't talk to you or feature the Cosmo!?!?! :(

Yeah the jacket,, I used to wear that when I was running around in my corvette z06,, so I though why the hell not let's get the jacket on TV,, you think Budweiser should pay me some money(2thumbs)
to be truthful Antoine neither of them had seen a Cosmo before and did not know how rare it is,, even Pip tried to tell them a little bit about the marque but did not seem that interested,,each to their own

Cosmo still away,, delays with the fab work on the custom radiator has now interfered with my slot due to Pip tuning and working on so many race cars,, promised it me back by early July,,

Z06...Nice!

Yeah...It's unfortunate that the Cosmo didn't get more time in the spotlight...The mods they did seemed useful but they couldn't have F'd up the look more with the horrid snake print and decals etc...

As for your Cosmo, I'm looking forward to see it after all this time...If you have a chance, it would be great to see pics and vids!

Does Pip work on Rotary Mazdas exclusively..? How is the Rotary scene in England these days? Kawato / TCP Magic is super busy now despite the fact Mazda currently does not sell wankel-powered vehicles...Interest in the RX-7 seems healthy...Especially in motorsports.

Pip is busy on rotaries and other race cars but he is not exclusive to rotary powered cars but probably 70% of what he does is around these,, mainly RX7 and 8's

The scene in the UK is quite healthy but a bit like Pip's garage RX models mainly as they were sold over here,, I will be chasing Pip next week for an update

WOuld you mind snapping some pics of his garage the next time you're in there? I'm curious to see what all projects he has sitting in there.

well I eventually got the car back so I thought I should update the post,, it needs to go back in and get the mapping ironed out as it does suffer with a little hesitation spot every now and then IMG_3115.JPGIMG_3114.JPGIMG_3109.jpgIMG_3113.JPG

just a few shots showing some of the changes mademm new defi boost gauge, new 380mm front brakes,, embroidary on the headrest and not forgetting the new mazdaspeed manual gearknob,, I will try and upload a little vid,, sound is not that good but you will get the idea

Last edited:
Frank! Great to see you posting again...Love the new additions, especially the embroidery (nice touch).

How are those K Sport Brakes working out for you..?

Antoine,, K sports seem really good,, no fade at all which is the problem with the Cosmo brakes as you probably know

Antoine,, K sports seem really good,, no fade at all which is the problem with the Cosmo brakes as you probably know

Good to know, thanks Frank! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the pair run you? Are they 6 pot?

Any update on that vid? [emoji2]

Back