problems after installin aac rear endlinks

:
03 MSP
Dang msp is at it again ...

So I installed some sweet aac rear endlinks on the msp to replace the bad oem ones that had gone bad and started cluncking really badly ...

Install went great threw them on and car felt fine....
Then I drove the car home on the freeway car started clanking really badly every bump every bounce click click clank clityy clank clank. Worried I rused home I crawled under the car and eerything looks fine endlinks are still on but seem some what loose ? When I adjusted the length I went about half an inch shorter than the stock ons it seems to have rotated the sway bar up wards?

I'm using hp blues tein stechs and have the axr clunck fix kit

Any help or input would be great

Lock nuts/washers or some mid strength locktite which is what I used. Mine also kept coming loose. I have awr tho

So basically I just need to add some lock tight? Did I make the endlinks to short? There are around an inch shorter than the factory endlinks ?

with the car at static ride height, the links should be adjusted such that the sway bar is parallel to the ground. you made the links too short, which is why the bar twisted around.

^^yeah, sounds like you pre-loaded the sway bar a little...while you 'can' do that (it will help rotate the rear end, basically can help reduce understeer)...but its putting a lot of pressure on the endlinks ALL the time, not just when cornering hard or over big uneven bumps...so if you pre-loaded for performance purposes, you absolutely have to use some loc-tite and possibly lock washers/additional hardware (i'm not familiar with the AAC links, but this was common for AWR endlinks used in heavy autox applications) to keep everything from backing off...

if you use them at factory length...there won't be nearly as much pressure on them, and its that much less likely they'll come loose as easily...again, if these are similar to AWR links, that is...

Awsome I guess ill just take them off and adjust them to be the same length as the oem ones and use locktight thanks everybody

Ok so today after work I re adjusted the endlinks and slapped on some high strength loctight !

And guess what the noise is not as bad there there still tons of ticking over bumps and turns upon further invstigation it has been determined that its a design fault the design of the ball joint hits and ticks on its side walls and since the adjustable shaft is hallow it makes tons of noise ! These aac endlinks are the biggest waste of money I have ever spent rather just go back to the quiet oem endlinks well these bad boys along with a brand new set for the front will be going on the marketplace as soon as I. Buy some oem endlinks to replace them fml #waste of money# what a rip

sorry to hear that dude...I know the AWR links got a lot of complaints, but they redesigned some stuff to make them quieter...

you're sure its not the sway bar bushings though, right? those are notorious for making noise...

Nope sway bar bushing are brand spanking new I threw on along with the axr clunk fix kit this blows y would aac even sell crap like this !?

I am having the exact same problem with my AAC end links. I used loc-tite on the allen head bolts as recommended, and I have continuously checked to make sure that everything is tight, but the ticking/clanking persists. I think you are right about the ball joint design being the culprit. Apparently they are going to make some sort of cap available to help prevent this. It's kind of bad, though, IMO, that it does this in the first place. Not exactly what I hope for with a street suspension component.

i totally agree with u i ended up selling mine as fast as i could i took a hit tho on the price pft i ended up with some moog greasable endlinks love them super queit

I went ahead and ditched mine in favor of Moogs a couple days ago. I wish I had done it in the first place. I contacted Noah at AAC about a partial refund or something like that. They don't appear to even be offering the links anymore, so I'm sure they realized that the part sucks.

Back