Problem with autometer A/F guage (response needed)

project_msp

Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
Okay so I just installed the A/F guage and it seems that the light jumps back and forth VERY quickly. From lean to rich (under boost). I'm pretty new to the whole ordeal so this may be completely normal. I tapped into the blue/pink wire right by the 1st o2 sensor and ran the ground and power wires via the dimmer. It also seems now that my car idles at a very low rpm range (<=500). Did I do something wrong or am I just paranoid?

/* edit */

Also, it is hardly ever in the stoich feild...

You do not need a ground to the ECU ground....plus a ground is a ground. Everything shares the ground eventually.

The AF lights are supposed to jump around. The car is always hunting for the right mixture. The AF gauges that are not big big cash are like this. The only really give you accurate info at 80% or higher throttle = WOT. Then hopefully your cars goes right to rich and stays there.

Yep as they say, its totally normal. It will not work or give you somewhat of a true reading until the ECU hits open loop. And thats not until 4k plus on the RPM. Take it for a spin on the highway when theres not that many peeps out. It will jump back and forth and become more stable reaching 4k on the rpm and once you past 4k you will be in the Green(rich) area consistently.

Back