Car isnt running right

VilethX

Ok so this all started about a month and half ago. Problems ive been experiencing are: Cold start up car wont idle, I have to keep my foot on the throttle. When i try to rev it alittle it trys to die. After a minute or 2 i can start driving, My AFR's go lean to rich and back and forth. Also has a miss while driving, sometimes it stumbles when trying to take off from a stop and dies. So heres a run down.

Cold start up wont idle, have to keep on the throttle.
Give it gas while warm up it wonts to die.
Missing while driving
AFRs go crazy, lean to rich.
Sometimes stumbles from stop and wonts to die
Also has idle issue sometimes where the battery light comes on but catches itself.
Lacks power, Give it gas it just seems flat. I mean it has power but its not as much as it was before.

Mods:
Steedspeed manifold
Injen intake with maf relocation
Vibrant turbo back
626 manifold
Forge wastegate on stock PSI

Things ive fixed or replaced:
Cleaned EGR valve
new throttlebody gasket
started replacing vacuum lines
new coilpacks
Air filter
Spark plugs
coil/spark plug wires
Seafoamed
Maf cleaned
New direct fit oem upstream O2 sensor

Ill have Corksport intercooler hose kit in tomorrow to replace factory plastic pipes. Also gets pretty bad gas mileage.

Last edited:
I've reset it acouple times, it's throwing a code for lean on bank 1. I've cleaned the maf twice. Replaced the o2, I should have my Corksport hoses today. Hopefully that will take care of it.

If you pull off the vacuum line to the wastegate does it hold air or does it bleed down

Well put new intercooler hoses on and reset the ECU, Oh i checked the wastegate line. Seems to be good but im going to replace it aswell to be safe. It runs smoother but has virtually the same problems.. Im getting tired of throwing money and parts at this car with no avail...

Not the vacuum line but the wastegate internal diaphragm can tear. If you still have stock vacuum lines you should definitely invest in silicone lines to replace all of them.

The things you listed as fixed or replaced I pretty much did all of those and when I replaced both intake manifold gasket and egr valve to the canandian ver. and no more p0171 system to lean on bank one. But im not sure it was coincidence and since you have a 626 mani make sure you seated your injectors good when you swapped it out. It might have leaks I hope that give you some ideas.

what are you running for a BOV? i had a no-name ssqv that failed and i had the same problems, the damn thing wouldnt seat cold and when she warmed up it would seat but everytime it actuated it would mess up

The things you listed as fixed or replaced I pretty much did all of those and when I replaced both intake manifold gasket and egr valve to the canandian ver. and no more p0171 system to lean on bank one. But im not sure it was coincidence and since you have a 626 mani make sure you seated your injectors good when you swapped it out. It might have leaks I hope that give you some ideas.

That's a good call about the injector seals, the 626 injector seals are much larger and don't have the ridges in them like the Protege injectors do and they seal better. They are required with the 505 mani and may be leaking on your 626 mani.

Back