pro5 or pro ES?

an automatic?...baH!

if my parents ever helped me with sh!t, let alone a car..id told them to shove it, if i had to buy a car with a tranny that: adds excessive cost to the sticker, adds to the cost of ownership {fluid, flushes, filters, wasted fuel ..failure. ect}
also ive never been asked weather my ride was auto or stick for insurance purposes.
no "discount" either way.

ur mom and pops need to accept your: young, inexperienced, and a male...all you need to have insane insurance rates.

u really do want to get a mp5 5speed. a stick is safer in the snow. this is comming from a dude who drove a red 5speed 99 xtreme for 4 winters.

mp5+5speed=chick magnet...

btw, mybe mommy and daddy want you to have an auto, so they can borrow ur ride..
:bs:

As far as the stick issue, I would say beg a plead one last time with them before you give up. I have gone back and forth between stick and auto, and there is NO comparison. STICK IS THE WAY TO GO.

BTW . . . . MP5 vs. ES

. . . . . . . . . . 8 to 2

Looks like today brought us 2 winners, Arnold and the MP5

Just look at the pic in my sig. The only mod is the rims, yet it is just plain a stunning looking car.

Re: an automatic?...baH!

/\/imda said:
also ive never been asked weather my ride was auto or stick for insurance purposes.
no "discount" either way.
They have your VIN number, so they know.

True, insurance companies know, but they dont care. If it mattered, then they would ask you when you were getting quotes. Maybe a company like Progressive where they ask you EVERYTHING would care, but others dont. Something else in support of the Pro is that it is lower priced insurance compared with Hondas.

But I agree with everyone else about the auto vs. stick thing, you will regret it totally. As everyone knows, these cars are not all that powerful, but with a stick, you can really have a lot of fun with it, but the auto sucks all the fun out of it! I drive in DC traffic every day and I still love having the stick, it lets me use the power when I need it, and it makes my otherwise mundane commute way more fun. Maybe try enlisting the help of the salesman to convince your parents. I bet they dont really care about all these things we all are bringing up, thier real agenda is that they think you will drive too aggressively with a stick... race it or something.

I got the P5 cause I loved the looks and I wanted the extra room that the hatch has. But, the regular Pro was cheaper by at least $1500 or something, so thats pretty significant. But it also didnt have the body kit, so if you are the kind of person who wants that look and will add one, then you have to add that to the price. But if you do decide to get the regular Pro, ONLY get the ES. It comes will all the same goodies of the P5 except the bumpers and skirts. The price isnt all that higher than the LX, and the 4-wheel disc brakes and all black interior are worth it.

here's my vote for the ES, I'm biased because I have it. I also have the AT tranny. It's not so bad, but - stick is better. I do alot of stop and go on my commute to work everyday, so I didn't mind the AT. But, I would have kept the turbo in my car if it wasn't for the tranny. I just don't trust the auto under boost. I've felt trannys slip, and I've also seen trannys get destroyed. I just didn't want to be the next victim on the board.

The sedan will keep cops away, - some say the p5 gets chicks. If you can't think of something better than your car to get chicks - then I guess it's a valid point.

eh, I digress.

please gobrad...please...u hafta get manual...it is imparitive....if your parents dont like it tell them its ur car, and they can just deal with it...man autos are uber slow

mp5typer said:
please gobrad...please...u hafta get manual...it is imparitive....

I like how the urgency has moved to damn near frantic levels. You would think his life is on the line if he gets an auto. His happiness is, and as all us 5spd owners know. But not his very life.

yes it is that important...i drove auto for years...and my god stick is by far way better(god my grammer is bad). gobrad....here.tell them u want a stick and if they dont like it they can go buy the car for u....if u pay for it u get to choose

cyc said:
I dont' know if it's still the case, but when I drove the ES (my car was getting fixed, so they lent it to me), the light gauges and everythign is in green, compared to the red-ish light of P5. (This might be somethign minor, but I do put a lot of priority on how the inside of the car looks like).

Actually starting in 2001, all of the ES models had red gauge lighting. However, the LX and DX are still green. Your rental was probably not an ES unless it was an older one.

Get a P5 Manual!!!

The ES has the black guages, the white faced guages on the P5 look much better, IMO. Also, as mentioned, the body kit on the P5 is much better looking. If you want to get stares, get the P5. If you want to be just another sedan, go with the ES. It's the truth.

But please, get a manual. I have yet to see someone here saying that they wish they had gotten an auto instead. I use my daily commute to practice my heel-toeing, it just makes it more fun :D

We don't have a lot of power to begin with, you have to do whatever is needed to get the most out of it.

Please get the manual, you won't regret it. Try learning it a little so you can test drive both auto and manual, then you will see the difference.

GET STICK!!

I have the auto sportshift! it's alright, but when i drove my friends new manual P5 2 weeks ago, I regret the day i chose the auto! it's a very smooth box, really easy to shift.
Also the auto has a really, i mean really BAD GAS mileage!!!!! :mad:
the auto is way tooo slow, it sucks the power out and ur left with nothing!

(guys, there's nothing like driving a ******* WRX STI, omg this car is the bomb!!... i hate my best friend!! lucky bastard! :D )

Back