Pricing on Mazda RX8 rims

PointBlank

:
2009 Mazda 3 iTouring
So i'm looking into getting the Mazda RX8 5 spoke rims for my Mazda. I found a person selling them for $350 RIMS ONLY and already powder coated black. What have you guys paid to get them??

That sounds reasonable. I've seen them go for anywhere between 300 and 500 depending on condition and whether there are used tires on them or not.

I agree with Chef, at $500 they'd have to be in really nice condition. The only exceptions would be Shinka or R3 wheels.

Another question, how safe is it to buy used rims from people? Bad quality, warped, or messed up somehow? I've never done anything to a car and i'm trying to get into it since I'll be having my car for another 2-3 years and i'm bored with it :).

I've bought 2 sets of rims from people and never had those problems. Inspect them when you pick them up or whatever...ask for detail pictures. Cracks that have been fixed will be evident and most of the time a bent will be visible especially when tires are mounted. Plus if they look like they've been beat to hell do you really want them? ;)

Thanks WillD! I've never bought rims and have been wanting to get some for my car. It's so exciting :).

Do NOT buy "reconditioned" RX8 wheels off of eBAy. I made this mistake, and while cosmetically perfect, they would not balance, each wheel requiring over 8 ounces (!) of weight. The car was undrivable over 35-40 MPH and felt as though the car was going to shake itself apart. The seller's only offer was to have me ship them back and they would send me another set of 4 "reconditioned." Thanks, but no thanks. Caveat emptor

I just sold a set of 4 with V710s for 200

i paid $150 for my set. but they had some curbage i had to clean up. but after a few hours of prep work, you couldnt find a flaw even if you were looking.

Back