Price paid in CAnada

-XtenZ- said:
Just drove my M3 Sport GS in the garage last night. What it cost me.

Vehicle Price-----------23245.00
Tire/Battery Levy----------20.00
BC-Tax------------------1428.00
GST---------------------1334.20

I went to a lot where I saw my car (GT/GFX/Auto/Cloth) on the Friday only to find out that when I went back on the following Monday that it had been sold on the Sunday!..arrrrg! so I settled for the Sport which is what the wife and I wanted as well.

-X-
After-tax price?

No sir, thats a breakdown of all moneys paid before tax. Add them all together and you get what I paid (not including my trade-in).

-X-

Are you sure, your GST seems off 23245*.07=1627.15

to have a GST of 1428 you would have to have paid your car 20400

Hehe, sorry, I read straight from the dealer pink slip which had Tax totals including the Trade-in reduction.. my bad sorry!..:) Tax in BC is basically 14.5% (Prov. Sales tax + G.S.T.)

-X-

No sir. Trade-In value was $4700 ('96 Blazer LS Full options 4x4 w/223,3xx KMs). I just quoted all numbers from the Dealer's pink slip.

-X-

I GOT THE CAR !!!... or at least.. i got the car ordered. They are gonna call me today to let me know when it will be available.

I went to Avante Mazda in Toronto on Yonge st. I spoke to Alex and he was really cool about it all. <--- GO SEE HIM.

I just showed him my printout from www.ewheels.ca and said. "i'm here to buy a GS, and here is what i'm gonna pay for it". He looked it over and said - "okay", and wrote up the paperwork.

So I got the car for $930 less than MSRP !

I ordered:

Mazda Mazda3 GS
$ 105.00 Metallic paint
$ 795.00 Power Package
$ 1,395.00 Sports Package
$ 1,000.00 4 Spd Sport Mode AT
$ 1,000.00 Air Conditioning

Is this a good price for a GT auto/leather/GFX?

admdvs said:
Let's compare Apples to Apples here. I'm gonna buy this car next week and i'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what is a good deal or not.. In Toronto, Canada at Morningside Mazda.. This is what i'm gonna buy:

$17,695.00 2004 Mazda3 GS
$ 105.00 Metallic paint
$ 795.00 Power Package
$ 1,395.00 Sports Package
$ 1,000.00 4 Spd Sport Mode AT
$ 1,000.00 Air Conditioning
$ 0.00 discount
----------------------------------
$21,990.00 before taxes, extras... , trade in's etc...

This is the MSRP as posted on mazda.ca as of March 12 2004

Now my question is:
1. what is reasonable reduction in price on that? I am thinking of asking him to throw in: Cargo Net $40.25 MP3 Player $565.25 Floor Mats $107.75
for free.

2. what did you buy your car for recently?
(please provide specs in similar fashion, so we can all compare apples to apples! )

thanks,
admdvs

So here it goes....

I'm going to start the talking to dealers now that I've checked out the boards today. I have a trade in that is worth between 2 - 4k...i'll settle for 2.5k.

So for a M3 GT Sedan Auto/GFX/Leather and an estimated 6% discount off the MRSP of 24,440...can u tell me if this would be a good deal?

MRSP - 24,440
Less Discount - 1,466.40
Less Trade In - 2,500.00
Plus Freight/PDI - 925
Plus Gas Tax - 75
Plus Air Tax - 100
Plus Admin - 150
Plust GST/PST - 3,258.54
OTR = 24,982.14

So for all the Mazda Sales guys and everyone else on this board...is this realistic? can I get more? is this a dream? can I negotiate lower?

Can't wait to start haggling!!!!

Way to see this post get revived a year after the last-post, because I'd still like to know. (comparing a used P5 vs a new Mz3)

As an FYI, the Freight/PDE charge for Mazda's in Canada has increased from $925 to $1,195.00

Specifically for Mazda3's, there's many incentives on the vehicle now (0% financing, lower than previous lease rates, etc...). There is also some room for price negotiation.

I think my brother just got an offer of $26500 out the door in Calgary. This is for a 3 GT w/GFX and auto. What do you guys think?

Stormtrooper77 said:
I think my brother just got an offer of $26500 out the door in Calgary. This is for a 3 GT w/GFX and auto. What do you guys think?
Was that for the hatchback (sport) or 3 sedan? That's basically the equivalent of list price minus about the grad rebate (~600?)

d0hboy said:
Was that for the hatchback (sport) or 3 sedan? That's basically the equivalent of list price minus about the grad rebate (~600?)

Actually, I think he got it for even less than that. It was a sedan with GFX loaded minus leather.

Anyone know what the invoice price was for this car?

Back