Price check... 2012 CX-9

I just bought a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD Black/Black with Bose/Moonroof, pwr liftgate, roof rails, cargo mat, & stnls bumper guard for 33,780 (including rebates, before TTL). MSRP was 39,060. I was driving toward 33k, but couldn't get there.
I initially went into a showroom and their "best" price for essentially the same car was 36k. I switched to "Internet shopping" and was immediately $1700 lower from several dealers, eventually settling at 2,200 lower. Incidentally, that's 2,794 under invoice which for that car is 36,576.

It would appear that shopping online is the way to go these days. I'd love to know why, maybe the commission structure is different for Internet deals. Maybe it's the fact that they know they're bidding against the competition.

The CX-9 is great BTW, much nicer than my old 4Runner - although that was a great car too.

I just bought a 2012 CX-9 GT AWD Black/Black with Bose/Moonroof, pwr liftgate, roof rails, cargo mat, & stnls bumper guard for 33,780 (including rebates, before TTL). MSRP was 39,060. I was driving toward 33k, but couldn't get there.
I initially went into a showroom and their "best" price for essentially the same car was 36k. I switched to "Internet shopping" and was immediately $1700 lower from several dealers, eventually settling at 2,200 lower. Incidentally, that's 2,794 under invoice which for that car is 36,576.

Congratulations! What rebates did they offer you? I know there is a 750 financing rebate plus some dealer cash. Did you qualify for the loyalty rebate?

Great price. Nice car. I suspect there are a lot of dealers in your area and you can deal harder than many folks here.

At that price, you dealer is just "moving metal" and probably running on fumes.

The rebates were all baked into the price so I'm not 100%, but I think it was $750 customer cash and $750 in lieu of 0% financing (I got 1.89%). There may be dealer cash as well, but one dealer told me that didn't apply if you took the customer cash and the financing, but that could have been BS. Regardless that seems like a decent bottom line for a nice vehicle.

Oh, and I didn't qualify for the loyalty, military, etc.

Brand new to forum. Days away form purchase in DC area.

Best offer so far on 2012 CX-9 GT FWD w/ Bose/Moonroof/Liftgate in white/sand trim is $31,999. Out the door is $33,535 tax/fees/etc.

I think this is pretty good. Only includes military rebate. Anyone hearing of better offers? Thank you

Jim52

Brand new to forum. Days away form purchase in DC area.

Best offer so far on 2012 CX-9 GT FWD w/ Bose/Moonroof/Liftgate in white/sand trim is $31,999. Out the door is $33,535 tax/fees/etc.

I think this is pretty good. Only includes military rebate. Anyone hearing of better offers? Thank you

Jim52

I purchased in Allentown PA in March of this year @ $34,299 (before TTL)--GT, AWD, Nav, Moonroof, Powerliftgate, Roofrack. Your price is $2,400 lower -- but that difference is more than made up by the lack of Nav and AWD--plus, white is an additional $200, making the price difference really $2,200. Considering it's model year end, I would think you could do much better. Try calling around to as many dealers as you can, even widening your search area to, say Baltimore...

Here's what I want, ready to buy, but willing to wait:

2012 GT / FWD / Moon-Bose / Silver / NO Nav

Here's my offer from dealer, round 1:

34,900 and 0.0 APR. (pre-approved) (No trade in)

Definitely WON'T be giving them 34,9k. That said I suppose the 0.00 is of some value and I should not expect bare bones price of 31,500??

I want a relationship with my local dealer (the one that quoted me 34,9k) but am willing to drive some distance if they can't come down more.

What is a good solid Win/Win, Value, "Deal" etc etc?

Hi guys, new to the forum never owned a Mazda before. I found a 2012 touring model with the monroof and bose package and the power liftgate package. the sticker is is right around a $35,800. Dealer says they will take $4000 of the sticker in rebates. putting the price around $31,800. Question is, if these are rebates shouldn't I be able to negotiate off the sticker before applying the rebates? I haven't seen these rebates listed anywhere so I'm not sure what I'm dealing with here.

If it's the white one, that's roughly $1000 lower than invoice price, chumley. Sounds about right for this time of year.

If you're getting 0% with that, you have nothing to complain about. Keep that in mind as you try to squeeze them for a bit more off the price or some free chotskies,.. ;-)

It's nice car. Like mine. Buy the weathertech mats for all the seats/trunk and some nice matching side molding.

My wife and I were looking at a Grand Touring AWD, nav, power lift gate, white, bose / roof. MSRP is $40810. What is a fair price ballpark BEFORE any rebates? He's around invoice, but I'm seeing that I should be well below that... right? people here seem to be getting killer deals that are sometimes thousands less.

Last edited:
If it's the white one, that's roughly $1000 lower than invoice price, chumley. Sounds about right for this time of year.

If you're getting 0% with that, you have nothing to complain about. Keep that in mind as you try to squeeze them for a bit more off the price or some free chotskies,.. ;-)

It's nice car. Like mine. Buy the weathertech mats for all the seats/trunk and some nice matching side molding.

Ended up getting the pearl white touring with remote start, moonroof/bose and pwr lift gate for right under $31,000 with the special financing. Had them throw in the all weather mats to seal the deal.

My wife and I were looking at a Grand Touring AWD, nav, power lift gate, white, bose / roof. MSRP is $40810. What is a fair price ballpark BEFORE any rebates? He's around invoice, but I'm seeing that I should be well below that... right? people here seem to be getting killer deals that are sometimes thousands less.
Invoice?! No way! Too high.
Newspaper today in San Jose.
$6000 OFF MSRP (for GT AWD around $40K MSRP) 5 at this price.
Before other rebates such as financial or loyalty ones.
Can't name dealer's name. I might got banned again!

Hello everyone!
Thanks to all for this wonderful and informative forum. I have been in the market for a CX 9, and think i have a deal from my local dealer. The vehicle is a CX 9 GT w/ Nav, Bose Package with Moonroof, and roof rail. MSRP is 40200$ Best price they are offering me is 37900$ with Mazda 1000$ rebate. They are insisting i close the deal by tomorrow in order to get the 0% rate.
Kindly advise if this is a good deal or should i hold.
Thanks to all

Hello everyone!
Thanks to all for this wonderful and informative forum. I have been in the market for a CX 9, and think i have a deal from my local dealer. The vehicle is a CX 9 GT w/ Nav, Bose Package with Moonroof, and roof rail. MSRP is 40200$ Best price they are offering me is 37900$ with Mazda 1000$ rebate. They are insisting i close the deal by tomorrow in order to get the 0% rate.
Thanks to all

Hello everyone!
Thanks to all
You can do much better. If you are willing to take a ride to the Philly or Allentown area, you can get a way better deal. I purchased in March of this year with the exact same equipment: North Penn Mazda in Lansdale and Pacifico in Philly both offered me about $34,900; Reedman Toll in Langhorne, Piazza in West Chester, Faulker in Langhorne and John Kennedy in Conshohocken offered about $35,500; I purchased at Scott Mazda in Allentown for $34,299. Don't got to Sussman--their price jumped $1,000 once I was ready to buy.

Good luck.

Agree.
This is summer when Mazda dealerships clean up stock in preparation for new arrivals.
Expect $6K off MSRP for GT (>$40K) plus $500 rebate if anyone in your household owns
a Mazda AND some financial rebate if you get a loan thru the dealer.

Back