Price check... 2012 CX-9

I bought a 2012 CX 9 GT black on black with RSES, NAV, power liftgate wheel locks, tint and roof rails for 33500 on Saturday. It was a demo model with 1100 miles on it and so was able to negotiate 0% on it.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

I also just heard that Mazda announced an additional 1500 dealer incentive from on of the forums. Can somebody confirm it.

great deal. According to Trucar, there is $1500. in dealer incentive. I used Trucar to get my price.

Comes to $34,600 with destination + TTL with 0% financing.
Total OTD comes to $38,200.

I just picked up my CX-9 on Friday, same options plus roof rails. I called around to 12 dealers in the Philly / Trenton / South Jersey Area, plus one in Allentown and one in Cincinnati--that is definitely a good deal for this area; your price is better than 11 out of those 12 quotes I got; 4 of the dealers quoted $34,9XX; one dealer was lower, and the rest were higher. I'm not sure if there are better deals in Northern Jersey.

I bought a 2012 CX 9 GT black on black with RSES, NAV, power liftgate wheel locks, tint and roof rails for 33500 on Saturday. It was a demo model with 1100 miles on it and so was able to negotiate 0% on it.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

I also just heard that Mazda announced an additional 1500 dealer incentive from on of the forums. Can somebody confirm it.

That deal is pretty good. There were multiple incentives in place thru today--my invoice has a total of $2,050 in mfg incentives.

Comes to $34,600 with destination + TTL with 0% financing.
Total OTD comes to $38,200.

When I got my '10 they were running 0/60 months. (2 years ago this month) It's pretty difficult to start talking big discounts and zero interest. One thing I did beforehand was take my Expedition to Car Max to see what they would give for it straight out. I didn't mention it to the dealer - but I did leave the 7 day purchase guarantee in the passenger's seat; just in case someone might be interested in seeing it. The dealer offered a shade more (imagine that) and with the zero, I was happy. The trick, I think was them knowing a premier competitor had evaluated the vehicle, because for all they knew Car Max may have had a sharp CX. I was glad it worked out because I really wanted the stormy blue mica, and there was only 1 in all of San Antonio - a city of over a million people!

Last edited:
Picked up the CX-9 few minutes ago.
Tried to have the dealer throw in the all weather mats but no luck. :-(
Anyway, excited about my purchase, its the most expensive car that i have ever owned (or rather financed :))

Now, I am looking for good quality after market all weather mats, before the floor mats get dirty...any suggestions?
Also thinking of getting the roof rails. The dealer wanted $450 installed. I was thinking i can install it myself.
Anybody know where I can order the OEM roof rails? and anybody have DIY experience putting them on?

2012 Touring Blk/Blk, AWD, Monroof and Bose audio package, power liftgate, sunroof, 4 month sirius for $29,077 two weeks ago.

2012 Touring Blk/Blk, AWD, Monroof and Bose audio package, power liftgate, sunroof, 4 month sirius for $29,077 two weeks ago.

Wow 29,077 + TTL for the car sounds very very good. Which dealer is this? I can't seem to get any one to come even close..

I was recently quoted $32,700 OTD for a White 2012 FWD CX-9, with the moonroof/Bose and liftgate package.

Do you guys think this is a decent price? This is in TX, and i'm paying cash, if it matters..

Wow 29,077 + TTL for the car sounds very very good. Which dealer is this? I can't seem to get any one to come even close..

I was recently quoted $32,700 OTD for a White 2012 FWD CX-9, with the moonroof/Bose and liftgate package.

Do you guys think this is a decent price? This is in TX, and i'm paying cash, if it matters..

Ended up buying the above car for $31,750 out-the-door. May not have been the best deal-ever, but seems like a good price and i'm happy.

Hello, been looking at CX-9 GT FWD. Dealer here in Gulfport, MS has a 2012 w/ 2117 miles on it. It was titled and then traded in for a CX5. It has Moonroof/Bose, and power liftgate. It is Pearl/Sand. Just walking in and driving, they offered it to me at $34,000 + TT. I know that is not a good deal for a technically used car. What do you think would be a fair price? 28k +tt? 29k+ tt?

Thanks!

Last edited:
We were looking pretty hard for a Stormy Blue AWD GT while we were there this month to no avail. We'll be happy with the White, we hope. My wife will let me know every time she sees a blue one, though.

2012 CX-9 GT Moonroof / Bose, liftgate, roof rack, wheel locks. 32495.00 Decent?

Why would you buy a new one, so much depreciation over first 2 years.
I got 2010 GT AWD 2 weeks ago with towing and 28k mikes (still 6k mile and a year o warranty) for 25.3k
also with bose, roof and powered lift gate

Why would you buy a new one, so much depreciation over first 2 years.
I got 2010 GT AWD 2 weeks ago with towing and 28k mikes (still 6k mile and a year o warranty) for 25.3k
also with bose, roof and powered lift gate

I guess the main reason is used cars, especially 1 or 2 yrs old, are harder to find comapred to new cars. New cars, on the other hand, you can choose the color and options you like.

I'm working with a few dealers on price now and have run into a question that I can't get a reasonable answer for. I'm looking are 2012 CX-9 GT AWD and most of them seem to have a base MSRP of 35,125, but some have a base MSRP of 34,785. There doesn't seem to be a difference in equipment. I'm thinking the difference is either older inventory having the lower price or possibly a regional price variation. Does anyone know what accounts for the difference?
Thanks!!

I'm working with a few dealers on price now and have run into a question that I can't get a reasonable answer for. I'm looking are 2012 CX-9 GT AWD and most of them seem to have a base MSRP of 35,125, but some have a base MSRP of 34,785. There doesn't seem to be a difference in equipment. I'm thinking the difference is either older inventory having the lower price or possibly a regional price variation. Does anyone know what accounts for the difference?
Thanks!!

I have the same question when I check the mazdausa official site for inventory around my area. MSRPs of vehicles that are exactly equipped the same (same color, same options) could vary for a few hundred dollors.

Back