Pretty bad rubbing issue.

Mjmoen

:
Mazdaspeed6
New to the site, just bought a speed 6 and love it. Only issue I've had so far was the tires rubbing. Previous owner dropped it substantially and swapped the 215/45 18's with 225/40 18's I'm assuming to gain extra clearance. Buuuuut what they obviously didn't consider is the added half inch or so of width. This was the result. (Hopefully I upload the pics correctly)

I was already planning on wheel spacers and possibly adjustable ball joints to even out the camber a bit, but I'm wondering if the fenders will need to be rolled. Any input?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 187
im on 225/40 and on eibach pro-kit. i have about 3mm between my tires and fenders. if i go any wider i will need to roll. so i imagine that you would need to roll because your drop is waaay more than mine.

I wouldn't even go with spacers; I'd invest in some new springs that aren't so insanely low, and some balljoints to correct your camber...

Last edited:
if the tires are that bad, i'd also look at what they were rubbing on as that part may be messed up too.

I reread your post. You won't need to roll your fenders; ten millimeters isn't even half an inch, and it'd be 5 mm on each side of the tire, so the increase would be negligible. I don't think the tire wear is from rubbing anything on the car (especially if those tires are off the front of the car...); I think that's solely the result of that ridiculous ride height and the gratuitous camber it's causing. Because your wheels are almost pointing at each other, your car's weight is concentrated on the inner rim of your tire, instead of across the whole tire. Your contact patch is being negatively affected. Raise the car up some. It'll improve your tire wear AND your handling...

Last edited:
Back