PR5-1, Volkswagon Jetta-0......

MonsterB

:
Protege5
alright, so tonight on the way home from work(I work till 12:30 am so there isnt usually too many people on the road), some doofus was riding right on my ass as I was driving near my neighborhood.....the light turns red, so jettaboy pulls up next to me in the right hand, right turn only lane.....I know hes gonna try to burn by me, and I hate it when people do that, so when the light turns he gasses it....I kinda even watched him to see if he was gonna try to pass, so I didnt get a great start.....he went for it, so I just stomped on it.....to my surprise, I started to pull away from him.....at about 4000 rpm he shifted, and slowed way the hell down, so I held it till 4700 rpm, shifted quick, and that was it.....he was pissed, and probably not the greatest driver, but the Jetta was fairly new(Id say a 2000 or 2001), and my p5 is bone stock5spd....obviously the jetta wasnt a 1.8T, but still, it feels good knowing the p5 isnt the slowest car on the road....Ive had the car for about 6 months now and am starting to know how to get the most out of it.....no complaints so far, and Ive put almost 13k on her.....I love this damn car...

The jettas are ass slow at least the 2.0L models. they hit 60mph in over 10sec and the 1/4 mile in shall we say never. if you want your p5 to be quicker all it takes is a few mods and it can become lively. Just remember though that we can kick the s*** out of people in the twisties and it doesnt take much to improve our handling either. I feel that the tires are the weakest part of the suspension.

After all that, go you for spanking him. (yippy) (first)

my buddies got the 2.0L 8v engine, other than the 8v focus my girlfreind has, its the slowest car ive ever been in.

Jackal14075 said:
my buddies got the 2.0L 8v engine, other than the 8v focus my girlfreind has, its the slowest car ive ever been in.

i can vouch for the focus... i mashed that pedal to the ground on my ex-chicks auto.. i may have scraped 85....

Latest posts

Back