Post Your Protege and Things You've Done (Protege Transformations)

:
2002 Mazda Protege Dx (BLOWN) 2002 Mazda Protege Lx
What's up guys I just bought a 2002 protege Dx and I've been looking around on here and I've seen some pretty sweet transformations from a basic stock look to something beautiful. I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with mine. I am new to this whole car enthusiast thing but I know a little something about cars and I'm hoping to change my stock protege to something dope like everyone else. The car is completely stock except for I threw in some HIDs, installed an aftermarket sound system threw a 1100 watt BOSS amp in the back and still need to get some 12's or a tube 10" or 12", and i plasti-dipped the badges, front grill, the gas cap and the stock steelies black and at the moment I am also running straight headers and just a down pipe haha and it sounds pretty good. I'm in the process of ordering a new exhaust, but i'm just trying to figure out the best setup. Post what you've done to your car, pics and posts whatever you please. Also all advice is accepted and appreciated. Thanks Everyone, Peace. Here is what my car looks like at the moment, not too bad i guess...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey I'm lookin for some OEM fog lights for this car if anyone has some they are willing to sale for less than 70 a piece

ah i remember when i had those stock rims. Car looks clean! no rust i see, good choice man. One of the first things i would do is lower it, makes a huge difference

i'll contribute, the first day i picked it up my pro in December 2011

i257.jpg

gy9c.jpg

How it sits today
tobj.jpg

5st3.jpg

Last edited:
damn that s*** is sweet haha i was thinkin about gettin the same front bumper and stuff how much did the whole bumper cover side skirts and front lip cost you? plus you have an es which is nice haha i wish i had that, i have a dx but thanks it is clean no rust at all literally

damn that s*** is sweet haha i was thinkin about gettin the same front bumper and stuff how much did the whole bumper cover side skirts and front lip cost you? plus you have an es which is nice haha i wish i had that, i have a dx but thanks it is clean no rust at all literally

Thanks man!

As for the whole kit i got lucky and found someone parting out their car in the same color so i bought everything off him for $500 (drove 2 hours to meet him). Except for the front msp lip though that was another $80 off a fellow member but it needed work so i took it to the shop and got it fixed up + paint for $150.

Your best luck is to find side skirts and front bumper from a parts car P5. The rear lip and front msp lip you will have to wait till someone sells their's.. it can be a bit difficult to find parts for the pro

okay cool other than craigslist where can i people parting out cars do people part out and sell cars on this forum as well?

btw what kind of paint did you use for your grille? i used plasti dip like 4 coats but i want it a darker black

okay cool other than craigslist where can i people parting out cars do people part out and sell cars on this forum as well?

Yeah best place is your local forums, kijiji, or mazda247 I would say. Just be patient for parts to come by

btw what kind of paint did you use for your grille? i used plasti dip like 4 coats but i want it a darker black

I got my paint through a body shop which matched my paint and sold it in a can for $40. Plasti dip is good stuff but paint is still better in my opinion

okay word thanks for the advice i wish more people would reply and post their stuff too haha

yeah i have been lookin around my area for others with proteges just to have some help or advice or anything but can't seem to find anybody haha or at least anyone that has actually done anything to their protege

Ill play heres my car when i got it back in 2001 and what it looked like when i took it apart 10yrs later back in 2011. Ive done quite a few mods to many to list. Its been hibernating in slow build mode for almost 2.5yrs now but hopefully by the end of the year I will have some progress and get it back on the road again. I have a nice collection of parts just waiting to get installed ill update this when i get new stuff added. But for those who are interested the link to my thread is down below. Always open to constructive criticism and ideas.

3EEECEC4-76AD-4EFB-867E-786C2EB7F367_1.jpg

Last edited:
i like it but in my opinion i think black rims would look better it would just go well with ur trunk adn hood but still is sweet, what suspension do you have on that?

JNaoto... Lol, what hasn't he done on his proteg!?!? That guy is insane as his proteg! Coilovers for sure!

I'm not that much "active" on this forum but I know a lotta nice setups here... and JNaoto is part of them!

I'll post up,

Heres my car on the first day I brought it home.

and here is how it currently sits, saving up for wheels right now, sorry for the cell phone pic, maybe ill get a better one tomorrow.

i like it but in my opinion i think black rims would look better it would just go well with ur trunk adn hood but still is sweet, what suspension do you have on that?

I though about black wheels but it looks like steelies. I want some color to accent it with. In the pic I was running tokico hp kit (struts & springs). I will be running yellowspeed coils now.

Back