Post pics of your Mazda5

i have a brush with really long bristles that gets in the small parts of the wheels.

also, when you get tires, get 215/50's and it will help fill out the wheel wells better as well.

Yup, 215s fit the 5 really well.

mz5_mx5_wheels_crop.jpg

^^ These are 215/50-17 tires lowered just a hair more than you would get on the H&R Sport springs.

Those H&R's, are they specifically for the MZ5 or will I be buying for a 3?

There's a Mazda 5 specific fitment.

Yup, I saw those- so you bought the set that was on sale here on the forum. :) Those should be pretty good!

Yeah, pain to clean! I had to get in there with a towel and just wipe out the dust/dirt. No fun.

For lowering, if you just want to go with springs and not anything else (and bounce on the crappy blown out rears that most have) then the H&R Sports are pretty much perfect!

Hey Phunky...Will I need adjustable endlinks when I install that kit. I've read that some people had to get some on other cars but I haven't read anything about the Mazda5 and coilovers and endlinks? Also will I need adjustable camber played with that YelloSpeed kit? With some kits you don't need camber plates cause the coilovers are adjustable correct?

Nice. Are those the CX-7 or CX-9's? I always loved the idea of swapped wheels from a different model in the brand to make it look unique but also stock. RX-8's are played out for us unfortunately as are the MS3's (quickly). Maybe I should get some custom Diamond Auto Wheels made. 18x10's... lol

Hey Phunky...Will I need adjustable endlinks when I install that kit. I've read that some people had to get some on other cars but I haven't read anything about the Mazda5 and coilovers and endlinks? Also will I need adjustable camber played with that YelloSpeed kit? With some kits you don't need camber plates cause the coilovers are adjustable correct?

Adjustable endlinks are for your sway bars- not necessary... unless you're thinking adjustable upper control arms in the rear to correct camber. That's something else entirely. They're recommended if you want your camber back in spec and you decide to lower a bunch, but it's really up to you.

Since you're going to have to get an alignment anyway after installing the coilovers, you should go ahead and utilize the camber plates to get everything in spec (or where you want it) after installation.

Adjustable endlinks are for your sway bars- not necessary... unless you're thinking adjustable upper control arms in the rear to correct camber. That's something else entirely. They're recommended if you want your camber back in spec and you decide to lower a bunch, but it's really up to you.

Since you're going to have to get an alignment anyway after installing the coilovers, you should go ahead and utilize the camber plates to get everything in spec (or where you want it) after installation.

Thx Buddah. So I plan lowering a bunch and adding some 10mm spacers up front and the rear to widen the stance and get a fresh meaner look. Will I need adjustable camber arms in the rear then? Endlinks too? I'm gonna roll the fenders obviously. I didn't plan on a sway bar. Should I?

Thx Buddah. So I plan lowering a bunch and adding some 10mm spacers up front and the rear to widen the stance and get a fresh meaner look. Will I need adjustable camber arms in the rear then? Endlinks too? I'm gonna roll the fenders obviously. I didn't plan on a sway bar. Should I?

10mm spacers won't leave you enough thread engagement to be safe on the front lugs. You should have enough in the rear though, but you'll probably hit the fender lip if you don't roll. Adjustable camber arms are recommended, but if your camber shows even left/right in the rear, you could just zero out your toe (or just go slightly positive) to prevent excessive tire wear. Toe kills tires, not camber on its own.

Sway bar isn't necessary. I just like my cars to feel like go-karts, so when the opportunity was available to pick one up cheap, I did. If you're not sure that you want one, I'd wait- you can always install one later. They're not difficult to do.

Thanks for buying the coils half.

I agree a lot with what funky is saying. Be careful with 10mm spacers, you'll need to get extended lugs if you want to run those.

You said you were using rx8 wheels right? What was the offset on those?

I am using 19x8.5 in the front wi an effective 45mm spacer, no rubbing during normal driving. You might get away with just a 5mm spacer if you're trying to push it a bit.

Ah. So I'm assuming the rx8 wheels are also 18x8, so you may get away with using a bolt on 15mm spacer, but it may slightly poke out. Since the coils have camber plates, you may be able to run the 15mm spacer without rubbing the front fenders. My front fenders are not rolled, if you were wondering.

Thanks for buying the coils half.

I agree a lot with what funky is saying. Be careful with 10mm spacers, you'll need to get extended lugs if you want to run those.

You said you were using rx8 wheels right? What was the offset on those?

I am using 19x8.5 in the front wi an effective 45mm spacer, no rubbing during normal driving. You might get away with just a 5mm spacer if you're trying to push it a bit.

NP Marc!! They come in tomorrow (i got a call from fed-ex) so should be a fun install! Luckily on the navy base they have a auto hobby shop where I can pay 3 bucks an hour and use a lift and any tool I want.

So you're saying I should go with 15 mm spacers? I have to roll the fenders in the back cause I plan on tucking tires. I just don't wanna pay 200.00 to get them rolled so I'm contemplating the phone book method. I've called around and they want like 180.00 to roll. The YouTube vids got me thinkin the phone book method is ok....hmmmmmmmm

NP Marc!! They come in tomorrow (i got a call from fed-ex) so should be a fun install! Luckily on the navy base they have a auto hobby shop where I can pay 3 bucks an hour and use a lift and any tool I want.

So you're saying I should go with 15 mm spacers? I have to roll the fenders in the back cause I plan on tucking tires. I just don't wanna pay 200.00 to get them rolled so I'm contemplating the phone book method. I've called around and they want like 180.00 to roll. The YouTube vids got me thinkin the phone book method is ok....hmmmmmmmm

Wow, $3 an hour? Nice!

The 15mm spacers will be better mainly because they include new studs for your wheels to sit on- that way the factory studs can disappear into the spacer and not have issues with not enough thread to engage inside your lug nuts.

What's the phone book method? You'll tuck tire on the stock suspension under normal compression- you just have to roll because the lip is 3/4" of an inch wide inside the rear fender. Anything more than about 10mm wider towards the outside of the car compared to the stock tires will scrape.

here is my 5 that i am in love with ! had alot of JDM cars in the past (240sx, mr2, ae86, cedric) but buy far with the 2 kids is the best and most confrtable. Also most reliable ah ha

8131000980_bd03a98779_b.jpg

Back