PnP Standalone engine management

is there enough interest yet between the MS6 and MS3 guys to get this going? We need this..... badly.....

I am interested. I have not bolted on any mods yet (even though I have several) because I a not convinced there is a "complete" tuning solution yet. So, as long as its under 2500 I am in.

Subbing because I'm seriously interested. This might be the last hurdle to get over before unleashing the true power of the MS6.

i'm interested also, and question, will this help out at all with the fuelcut issue?
With the Hydra you can program in where and when you want to cut fuel. Typically on these units it is set to be 3psi above your boost target. So if your boost target is 25 psi it will cut at 28.

You know what? If this comes with a "base" map just to get the car running (thats what scares me the most about stand-alones) and gives us total control, I am game. Put me down for one.

It sounds like the auto tune works similarly to our closed loop (target afr), except we tell it what to target. Does that sound about right? Is the auto tune constantly active, meaning does it make adjustments on it's own when you change something about your set-up (exhaust, intake, fuel pump, turbo, ect...)? Also, can we assume the auto tune will be relatively conservative; not so much "on the edge"? And about the fuel cut; since it's a standalone, could we base it on rail pressure instead of boost or maybe both? That would make this thing about perfect. Can it do my taxes too by chance? lol

Also, count me as very interested.

It sounds like the auto tune works similarly to our closed loop (target afr), except we tell it what to target. Does that sound about right? Is the auto tune constantly active, meaning does it make adjustments on it's own when you change something about your set-up (exhaust, intake, fuel pump, turbo, ect...)? Also, can we assume the auto tune will be relatively conservative; not so much "on the edge"? And about the fuel cut; since it's a standalone, could we base it on rail pressure instead of boost or maybe both? That would make this thing about perfect. Can it do my taxes too by chance? lol

Also, count me as very interested.

The auto tune only works when the laptop is connected, however the unit can use the factory o2 sensors to tune the afr while cruising (for example my car has gone from 20mpg stock to 24mpg with 550cc injectors and more boost). The auto tune works very well, but some fine adjustment can be done to smooth things out. Although if you wanted you could run the auto tune and just drive the car without touching it afterwards. It probably would be able to do your taxes if we had a flat tax. There are some pretty cool things it can do though like this http://www.elementtuning.com/Hydramist/element_hydramist.htm

Well, if you were to hard wire the pedal position sensor to the throttle plate actuator (with whatever resistors and/or converters you would need), it would essentially work like a cable operated set up. This standalone can deffinately run motor with a cable throttle. It'll still get the correct input from the throttle plate position sensor. You could probably get one of the auxilery controls on this to take care of the cdfp spill valve as well.

Ok, I was kinda leary at first, but now that I read this has worked with drive-by-wire, I am getting kindy ansy.

Once I hear it has worked in a direct injected scenerio, I will bow down and kiss Ken's feet. Now I want this thing really bad.

Latest posts

Back