pmartz16 2008.5 BM Mazdaspeed 3

Interesting. When I had the P5 and put the seats down or took them out it wasn't that noticeable since the back of the cabin is still open. Whereas with the sedan its a great sound damper. But hey, what do I know. I'm old and can't hear anything anyway.

Well for a modified car my car is very quiet. And I like it like that.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm glad to see this...I'm so sad the forums for this car are dead. I've had the speed for 3 years and I do love it. I have all the parts to be considered "fully bolted" but they are just sitting in my garage because even though I do love my car, I want a good community to be a part of. I've been considering getting an st (flame suit on) just because the forums there are so active and a lot of people have transitioned from ms3's to them. It's really awesome that you are still building man. Don't sell it...GenWon MS3's are one of the best looking cars around.

I'm glad to see this...I'm so sad the forums for this car are dead. I've had the speed for 3 years and I do love it. I have all the parts to be considered "fully bolted" but they are just sitting in my garage because even though I do love my car, I want a good community to be a part of. I've been considering getting an st (flame suit on) just because the forums there are so active and a lot of people have transitioned from ms3's to them. It's really awesome that you are still building man. Don't sell it...GenWon MS3's are one of the best looking cars around.
The groups left in the speed community are all what you make them. I've met several if my best friends because eof this forum and the other mazdaspeed forum. There is no reason to go to another car (inferior at that) because the community sucks. Mod your car for you, and enjoy it. Don't worry about the other people that have the car. There are active groups all over. But again it's all what you make it. If you make the community out to be crap, then guess what, it will always be crap (to you).

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I know man I searched for a long time for my ms3 in the color I have. I've bought it with 35k on it and it now has 60. Never given me a single problem. I'll look for some Tampa speed groups. I'll be following the thread for updates dude

So I've been distracted with other forums and stuff and forgot to update this thread with whats going on with the car. The car is almost ready to start. Just need to install the dp I made and the altered hotside and she will be ready to go. The mani I have I had to get a new elbow made going to the turbo, well the materials I bought to replace the one it came with are thicker so it pushed the turbo over to the driver side more than normal. So its not really a stock location turbo anymore I suppose. But the HTP hotside I have wouldn't fit the way I wanted it to and I was going to use a 45* coupler to go from the turbo to the hotside. I didn't like that so I cut the hotside pipe and moved it over 1.5" so that it would line up. I was going to weld in a 1.5" piece into the pipe but I decided to not mess with it and just get a reinforced double hump coupler to take up the gap instead. The intercooler pipes are incredibly thin and I didn't want to mess with blowing through it and having it look like trash. So the coupler will work just fine. I also got all my powdercoated stuff back and it looks great. I got the Valve cover, right most intake cam cap, the part of the fuel pump that goes over the intake cam, the fuel hard line, and the EGR coolant housing done in illusion blue. I just rattle canned the rest in flat black. I'm happy with how everything came out. But the car is back on the RPF1's and getting ready for summer. I'm going to try and have her running and tuned here soon so I can get a decent amount of miles on her before the Tail of the Dragon again. Then I can see if any issues will arise and then I can fix them before I go.
24925379253_ce4997ab6f_c.jpg

25427502815_b0ffbefd72_c.jpg

25583059221_b5f8a3dc79_c.jpg

25507959540_d274aa793c_c.jpg

25178165964_6b1acdbca6_c.jpg

25507978450_19d39f6183_c.jpg

25178172594_aedd4ea00f_c.jpg'

25687699722_4163a96f2f_c.jpg

25785647656_87bf492e79_c.jpg

25522371690_854eeef38a_c.jpg

25196445433_2679039ae2_c.jpg

So the car is ready to start. I got a start up tune from Sho but the car turns over strong for a couple seconds then it gets weaker and weaker. I'm thinking the battery has just sat there in the trunk for long enough to not have enough juice to turn the car over fast enough to get her to fire up. She is trying to start though. The AP says the car has about 12.5 volts from the battery which is normal. But the car will turn over for a few seconds then cut power to itself but won't trip the breaker I have attached to the battery. Any ideas?

You've checked all your fuses and grounds? After my swap, my motor would turn over but wouldn't fire up. It turned out it was the an oil pressure sender ground or something simple that was overlooked. Hooked it up and fired right up.

hmm I haven't really changed any of my grounds since the car ran last but I will check one that may be fucky and see if its okay. The one under the passenger motor mount likes to get smashed by the mount itself. I think its my own fault but we will see. that very well could be it. Thank you for the suggestion fine sir.

Couple things. Figured out the issue I was having in the couple posts above this. With the new 6th port it has the split second controller and the default setting for the software I guess is to spray the injectors. Well I have dual 2200cc/hr injectors so it was spraying a s*** ton of fuel into my motor, thus just drowning out my spark plugs. Once I pulled the power to the controller on a hunch she fired up after a few cranks to get the remaining fuel out of the engine. So I am pumped but then she was idling at 20:1 AFR which is no bueno. I got it down to 17:1 AFR after messing with the blow off valve and then remembered you can't use a thermal insulated gasket with the JMF intake manifold. I made a boost leak tester and could literally hear the air pissing out from between the intake mani and the head. So I got my hands on a new OEM intake manifold gasket and installed it, when she started back up she was idling perfect at 14.7:1 AFR! Needless to say I was ecstatic. The same day I rented a uhaul dolly and towed the car up to Mark Gibson's shop to have the downpipe and dump tube made and also to start the tuning process. She pulled onto the dolly under her own power, first time she has moved under her own power in almost a year. I hope to be able to drive her back to my house after the fab work is done with Mark. I can't wait to just be able to cruise around in her, its been so long, too long.
25527262254_4b1f3a3bc4_c.jpg

26132850831_cba293db05_c.jpg

Back