Plz help with oil !!!!!!

flipstylex

:
Mazdaspeed 3, Cosmic Blue sport
I just reached 3000 miles on my cosmic blue ms3. got my first oil change and on the way home.. my car dont feel the same like it used to... it feels like my engine is vibrating more on low gears....(scratch).also i tried to drive it hard tru the gears.. and start smelling burnt stuff going tru my ac vents. And for some reasson , the boost is not there like it used too !!!!(eek2).

well, i look at my receipt sheet and said that they put 5w-20 on my car. Is this the right oil for this car ? i really didnt read the manual yet. But for more oil info, plz educate me ....thx

I'm pretty sure 5w-30 or 10w-30 is the right oil.

It shouldn't make a huge difference, the 5w-20 is a little thin, but as long as you aren't runnign the engine really hard you should be fine.

HOWEVER, if you got this done at the dealer, I would take it pack and show them your owners manual where it says what grade of oil to put in and make them redo it. Jiffy lube may have an excuse for putting in the wrong oil, but the DEALER certainly doesn't.

No its the wrong oil but that shouldn't make any of the problems you've mentioned (Should be 5w30). I'd let the car sit level for an hour or so and go out and check the level. The car takes 5.8quarts I believe. If that's fine, look around for any spills, maybe they spilled some oil while filling it. Don't drive hard till u figure this out!!!! I don't know where you got the oil changed but them guys forget shi&^ bigtime. Also they probably checked your brake fluid, antifreeze, washer fluid..etc. Make sure they didn't put washer fluid in your radiator or some crazy worse screw-up. If everything seems fine under the hood and your sure its running different, then its prob not good news. If it were me and I had my oil changed and it felt different, and I was sure it wasn 't in my head, I'd be draining it right now and refilling it with Mobil 1 5w30 like you should have anyway. How can you not run synthetic in this car, Mobil 1 or whatever, go synthetic, goes good with the higher price of 93 octane. If you continue to drive the car, keep an eye out for idiot lights and keep an eye on the Temps, if the worst happened, like they put antifreeze in your motor oil (Probably not what happened) then it should show up pretty quickly as an idiot light or as an increase in temps.

Good luck, let us know what it was?

In response, i did get it done at my dealer. I'm taking it back tomorrow so they can check it out. along with another problem with the bolt on my rear suspension or stabilizer bar. iTs like lose and im gonna have them check it out cuz its making a clunking noise everytime i hit a small bump at low mph.

As for the oil, THey didnt put enough i think, i checked it and its under the right level !!! ****** assholz , thats why i never trust the dealers, they dont know half the shitz they doin . Thats probably why the car don;t respond right, on top of that i put 93 octane......

funny thing is, they told me to put regular the first time i bought the car... what a scum bags,. im gonna rub it in their faces tomorrow when i see them, pricks.. lol.

actually my owners manual says to put 5w20 in. But I gave the dealer mobile 1 synthetic 5w30 and they put it in no questions asked.

I remember somebody saying in the early manuals it did say 5w20, but they changed that to 5w30???

At least they didnt forget to drain the old oil and fill it again with another 5.8 quarts like what happened to another MS3 owner at Jiffy Lube. 12 quarts of oil and viola his engine is screwed to high hell!

Last edited:
would it be cheaper i i get the syntetic oil that i want and give it to the dealer instead of buying their stock ones ???

and would it void some kind of warranty if i put a aftermarket syntetic oil and not use what they recommend ?

even if they put the oil themselves that is ?

Doesn't the regular 3 take less oil as well? I wonder if in addition to putting the wrong oil they didn't put enough in, like a regular 3.

Nutari - if i say my manual says 5w20 for turbo seeing as i have an ms3 dont patronize me and say im to stupid to read, thats what it says.

relax guys no one was saying anyone is stupid or anything... chill and just conitinue to have a normal conversation..

thank you please.

Nutari - if i say my manual says 5w20 for turbo seeing as i have an ms3 dont patronize me and say im to stupid to read, thats what it says.

maybe the canadian manual is different because of the climate difference. he was not putting you down, he was simply stating what his manual says. no one said anything about anyone being too stupid to read.

In response, i did get it done at my dealer. I'm taking it back tomorrow so they can check it out. along with another problem with the bolt on my rear suspension or stabilizer bar. iTs like lose and im gonna have them check it out cuz its making a clunking noise everytime i hit a small bump at low mph.

Mine had the same clunking noise. Basically, its a loose nut on the sway bar at the back. It seems like Mazda has a tendency not to tight things up properly :/. My dealer fixed it along with a CAI installed (back order). It drives really nice now :D.

i am pretty sure it used to say 5w20, but the updated ones say 5w30. Mine says 5w30 and I bought mine about 1 1/2 months ago

thats why i change my own oil, if its messed up i messed up.. also the reg3 takes 4 quarts the turbo takes 6 quarts maybe they screwed up and put 4?

all i know is it mine has mobil one 5w-30 in it. every time i went up to the dealer to get the first oil change done for free it was a 2 hour wait just to get me in so i said screw it and did it myself. 5w-20 shouldnt do anything bad to engine. im not sure where your from but it could be the dealer changed ther oil to -20 beacuse its summer is just about over. as long as you have 6 qts it should be good to go. the burning might be they didnt get it all drained out and it was a little over. it takes a long time to drain out of the turbo.

Back