please take a look at my AP log

hominemodi

:
2008 mazdaspeed3
Hi. Just bought the AP few weeks ago and installed the stage1 v105 + SRI + 93. As everyone said, it transformed the car tremendously! (bow) but being a noob i'm pretty concerned about the new behavior. Namely, i see instant, full boost in low rpms, ~2700, just barely stepping on the throttle it seems. I have the COBB SRI and a custom Griffin-built TMIC (their core and stock end-tanks, but it's not like ETS or SU models, only thicker by half inch i believe). Would anybody care to share some insight please, and put my worries to rest or make me save up for a pro-tune :) here's a log, WOT starts at line 517. I'm new at this, so perhaps i need to drive the car in a specific way to obtain more informative logs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• hominemodi.AP.log.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Hi. Just bought the AP few weeks ago and installed the stage1 v105 + SRI + 93. As everyone said, it transformed the car tremendously! (bow) but being a noob i'm pretty concerned about the new behavior. Namely, i see instant, full boost in low rpms, ~2700, just barely stepping on the throttle it seems. I have the COBB SRI and a custom Griffin-built TMIC (their core and stock end-tanks, but it's not like ETS or SU models, only thicker by half inch i believe). Would anybody care to share some insight please, and put my worries to rest or make me save up for a pro-tune :) here's a log, WOT starts at line 517. I'm new at this, so perhaps i need to drive the car in a specific way to obtain more informative logs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wow, that's a long log...

Can't really tell anything unless you step on it... you gotta log a WOT run, from about 2600RPM to 6300RPM or so, 4th gear is better.

From what i can see (and i'm not a pro at this), you don't have any knock which is good, you're not overboosting (although you didn't go WOT), trims look a bit on the negative side but should be okay if you reset the ECU recently.

Make a WOT log like i said and post it up again.

your log is mostly just you cruising. except for the one part you went wot. your cars airfuels went to low 10;s andeven hit 9.7. your car is running big rich. nd your boost is only at 16psi. your car is extremely safe. but your not making anywhere near as much power as you can. to be safe and make power your af's should be at 11's at wot. your car is running as if it were bone stock.

Last edited:
thanks for replying dudes and sorry about the lengthy log! i trimmed it to only show two WOT runs. so now i'm starting to feel at ease about WOT :) should i be worried about instant boost build in low rpms? should i maybe try the stage 2 + 93 + SRI + TMIC map?

Last edited:
you dont want a tourque spike in low rpms, that makes these cars go boom. if your going to punch it you should be at like 3500-4000rpms.

A small turbo, like the K04 on the MS3 will build boost quickly at low RPM, that is the nature of a small turbo and there isn't really any way around that happening. By 4,000rpm the is about at maximum efficiency and should start to taper about 1,000 rpm later.

The good news is, this is normal and won't destroy your engine. To the OP, your lots look just about perfect. I wouldn't worry and just drive the car as hard as you please.

Travis
COBB Tuning

thank you very much Travis, truly appreciate your and COBB's involvement and support no matter how serious or trivial the circumstances!! and thanks to ReNaToMS3 and onelsono! (drinks) now i'm gonna go shred the hell out of those winter tires (drive2)

you dont want a tourque spike in low rpms, that makes these cars go boom. if your going to punch it you should be at like 3500-4000rpms.

Doesn't seem all that safe if you can't punch it below 3500. I would hope these cars could handle a bit more than a stage 1 map for just an intake before you have to "worry" about popping the engine by going WOT 2k below peak.

I am buying an AP next week and will be running the very same map. Would a protune really make that much of a difference from the map mentioned by OP? I ask because I was going to run this map and hold off on the protune until I purchase my TBE.

We build our maps to be conservative while still offering a good bump in performance. A ProTune will always give you a larger performance gain as you can be more aggressive and tune for the specific car. Since these cars seem to have some variation from the factory this is even more true than for some of the other platforms we support.

Can someone tell us how to do a good and usefull datalog

Ex: in 3rd gear from 1500 to 6500 rpm with : boost, RPM , AFR , LTFT , STFT ...

Can someone tell us how to do a good and usefull datalog

Ex: in 3rd gear from 1500 to 6500 rpm with : boost, RPM , AFR , LTFT , STFT ...

RPM (RPM), Inj. Duty Cycle (%) Knock Retard () Calculated Load (%) Mass Airflow (g/s) Throttle Position (%) Actual AFR (AFR) Boost (PSI) Spark Adv. () Wastegate Duty (%)

2500 rpm and up. depending on how modded you are 3rd or 4th so you dont spin the tires.

OP - You need a fuel pump

Here's my log if you want to take it as reference...

That's after my tune this Saturday. Any input is appreciated. (=

Attachments

• datalog3.xls
    18 KB · Views: 122
Back