Pictures of turbo kit. Comment Please. Lots of pics

This is a kit I just bought off someone on the board. I got a really good price on it. I plan on getting a ebay intercooler to go with the kit. Im going to clean everything up really good and have it installed and dyno tuned. What do you guys think about the kit???? I plan on running 8 psi. I also am going to buy a boost controller before getting it installed. Please comment on my gear and let me know what else I should get. I have a 01 MP3 with 70K miles. I take good car e of the car, have had it for about 10K now. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 451
  • turbo1.JPG
    turbo1.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 123
  • turbo1[1].JPG
    turbo1[1].JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 88
  • turbo2[1].JPG
    turbo2[1].JPG
    256 KB · Views: 134
  • turbo3[1].JPG
    turbo3[1].JPG
    91 KB · Views: 104
more pics

Attachments

• turbo6.JPG
    turbo6.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 74
  • turbo7.JPG
    turbo7.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 76
  • turbo9.JPG
    turbo9.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 93
  • turbo8.JPG
    turbo8.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 79
  • turbo11.JPG
    turbo11.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
looks cool so far but I would recommend not getting the ebay intercooler but thats just me. Also, does the Motec ems control timing? I have never heard of anyone using it on a protege.

more pics

Attachments

• turbo12.JPG
    turbo12.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 72
  • turbo14.JPG
    turbo14.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 159
  • turbo15.JPG
    turbo15.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 105
  • turboo10.JPG
    turboo10.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 86
Im going to clean it all up real good, repaint the manifold with hi temp glossy black, the Ic piping with black spraypaint, the Heat shield Im going to clean up really good and repaint that, and paint the down pipe, The motor mounts are AWR front and rears, The guages are apexi boost and exaust temp gauge, apex turbo timer, bunch of nuts and bolts, also there is more ic piping not pictured. Okay what do you guys think???

army_mechanic said:
Im going to clean it all up real good, repaint the manifold with hi temp glossy black, the Ic piping with black spraypaint, the Heat shield Im going to clean up really good and repaint that, and paint the down pipe, The motor mounts are AWR front and rears, The guages are apexi boost and exaust temp gauge, apex turbo timer, bunch of nuts and bolts, also there is more ic piping not pictured. Okay what do you guys think???

maybe ceramic coating instead of paint?? good luck!!:)

well thats not that bad, but I think Ill just repaint it with hi temp paint to save some cash. Probablly wont be using this mani. for too long anyways.

This is a good point with you having the MP3 ECU and advanced timing 8psi may be pushing it.

sandspeed said:
looks cool so far but I would recommend not getting the ebay intercooler but thats just me. Also, does the Motec ems control timing? I have never heard of anyone using it on a protege.

Definately get it ceramic coated over just painting it. Ceramic coating will protect it from the heat far better and will protect upwards of 2000 degrees, which I hope your engine will never reach, lol. You can also get the ceramic coating done in different colors and finishes, and it looks great. The ceramic coating will also keep all that heat inside the piping and exhaust, so minimal heat will escape into the engine bay.

sandspeed said:
...I would recommend not getting the ebay intercooler but thats just me...

Why not? I has been used around for 10sec cars! I got pics and videos if you need them.
They are cheap, and do the work well.

yea i heard good things about the ebay intercoolers. Lots of guys in louisville, ky are using them on high hp cars. whats everyone think about the parts i have? Good start bad?

igdrasil said:
Why not? I has been used around for 10sec cars! I got pics and videos if you need them.
They are cheap, and do the work well.

I can say only that Jomo's turbo P5 gained upwards of 20hp alone by changing from the ebay intercooler to the hiboost intercooler without a tune.

as stated above...keeping the heat in the mani is what you're looking for...ceramic might be worth a second look!

sandspeed said:
I can say only that Jomo's turbo P5 gained upwards of 20hp alone by changing from the ebay intercooler to the hiboost intercooler without a tune.

yeah, could be, size does matter, besides, garret cores are more efficient. So there are a couple interrogatives that need to be answered.

I thyink Im going to be looking into ceramic coating a little bit more. JEt hot in particular. Ive been getting the same response from every single person, so it must be worth it. Keep the input coming guys!!!

Back