Pictures of my next car.....

CasopoliS

Contributor
:
05 Legacy GT, 06 Accord SE, Civic
Sorry to leave the Mazda crowd, but I hope to stick around and help MSP owners if I can. My wife might be buying a Mazda next year too :).

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
I am picking it up from Maryland March 11th.

20,xxx miles :: Atlantic Blue :: Taupe Leather Interior

2.5L Turbo Intercooled engine, 250HP
AWD, center and rear differential
6 CD in dash
Dual Automatic climate control
Leather all around
Dual 8-way power seats
heated: seats, mirrors, wiper nozzles, lower windsheild
EL gauges
power moonroof
cruise control
Engine immobilzer keys

SPECS
2.5L DOHC aluminum
250@6000rpm, torque 250@3600rpm
Turbocharged and Intercooled
16 valve 4 cylinder boxer
AVCS active variable valve control system
Iridium Spark Plugs
Cast iron cylinder liners
Composite resin intake manifold
5 main bearings
Semi-closed design
Compression: 8.2:1
Maximum Boost: 13.5psi
Redline 6500

0-60 5.7sec
5-60 7.1 sec
0-100 16 sec
1/4mile 14.2 sec @ 96mph
Braking 70-0 196ft
Top speed 136 governed
Sound level dBA
at idle 40, full throttle 73, 70mph 70

Stage II can get you in the 12's if you are good :)

6.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

GOALS:

Upgraded turbo
Up-pipe
downpipe
Cobb AccessPort with custom tune

Here is an AWD dyno of the setup I described above. 280 AWHP, 300TQ
ian18gvstock.jpg

That is the first pic I've seen of the engine bay on the LGT, that top mount IC is tiny.. well not at tiny as the MSM but you know what I mean.

Nice car though. Somehow I can tolerate the tan on the interior, it seems well executed. I played around with a LGT at the dealership, they are really solid feeling cars.

Though that TMIC is so small... the dyno listed above is with the stock TMIC, and no timing was pulled.

Dam ... I didnt think you where gonna get rid of it , you have a nice chunk of change in that car! Nice car tho !! What happend to going with audi? lol Good luck and keep us posted on all the changes on the new car!

why r u downgrading?

jk, i have been a legacy fan for some time, u will enjoy that beast

MsP_DeViL said:
Dam ... I didnt think you where gonna get rid of it , you have a nice chunk of change in that car! Nice car tho !! What happend to going with audi? lol Good luck and keep us posted on all the changes on the new car!

Audi was great, but I just landed a sweet deal on the Legacy... could not pass it up. The Audis for the same price were like 3 years older with 2x the miles. But again the LGT Limited's sell for much more than what I am getting mine for, so I guess I just got lucky. Normally the LGT was a little out of range.

I wanted to keep the MSP... but I realized I will be driving my next car for a really long time. Though the MSP was fun, and a complete head turner, I just could not see myself driving it into the ground. It was like "sell it now while I can still get some decent $$ for it, or drive it into the ground". and yes I took a HUGE hit on the MSP. That thing had every mod minus a built engine.

The LGT is a well-rounded car with a mix of luxury and performance. It is so easy to open up power with the LGT, which helped me make my decision. The audi 1.8T.... well it is a 1.8 vs. a 2.5. Simple as that. The Audi 3.0 V6 is dull unless you drop $6,000 for a supercharger. The BMW was a little out of range, and the Audis can get expensive too. Pretty much the LGT is the only car that had everything I wanted, that was also affordable, and was practically new.

The mods I have listed are around $3,000.... but that is because the turbo is so expensive. If I sold my stock turbo that would go down I guess. Anyway, for the power, it is not bad at all.

Audi? MSP? Legacy? You have been through great cars :D Now get a Protege 5 lol

nice choice, i was looking at one of those about a year ago except in the darker blue (whatever it was called) and black leather interior. they're nice cars :) i never knew they only had an 8.2:1 static compression ratio though, that's almost 1g dsm level

love the LGT. nice choice. saving for one for the wife.
i'd suggest EcuTek or TXS UTEC over the COBB unit though.....well unless you plan to stay with just those mods and no other.
good luck and have fun!

Cobb tuning is an awesome place. I test drove there NA 2.5 RS when it was for sale about a year ago and that thing was awesome...

Congrats on the Subaru Legacy GT purchase.

That car is awesome! Low-key appearance, a real sleeper.
The only thing I don't like is that the rear end looks too Camry-ish.

But to be honest, if they offer 0% financing on this car anytime soon (which I have on my MSP), I may seriously consider putting my baby up for sale to get it.

Shifter is getting a new knob. Eventually getting up and down pipes and going stage II. The car is sweet.

Back