Picking up my Titanium MSP on Monday

Mazdaspd035

:
Titanium MSP #869
Just wanted to say hi. Seems like everyone is enjoying there MSP. I'm sure I'll love mine. I was wondering if I should get the flash done right away or not to worry about it until later? What was the purpose of the re-flash? To fix richness? Also, what is this clunk I keep reading about :confused: I look forward to talking to you guys/girls. All seem like a great group. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

By the way I'm in Southern California, anyone else live out this way?

Thanks,

Rudi

I think you should get the flash unless you plan on doing your own tuning with a piggyback or standalone ecu and running higher psi. It depends on what you want to do with the car.

The clunk is heard from the rear when going over bumps. I have never really heard it on mine but there is supposed to be a fix in october.

If you want to find out more use the search button.

wouldn't the flash of been done??

you are buying a new car arn't you?? if so its hould be flashed with the updated ecu programming... mazda wouldn't give away a car they had a recall on it.... or would they??

yes they would. It's called stun ass Mazda Dealerships that don't know what their selling, which seem to be way to common.

yea but if you have read that most people at the dealerships do not know about the flash yet or deny it, so he should make sure that it gets flashed before he picks it up if he wants it flahsed, so he does not have to go back in like a week.

Welcome! You'll love the Titanium (I've had mine about six weeks) MSP.

Look for a decal in the driver's door for the flash upgrade - if it isn't there, delay picking up your car until they do it for you.

I didn't have any hesitation until I eclipsed 1,000 miles. Now I know what everyone was referring to - get it done before you take delivery. You'll enjoy it even more. :)

Thanks guys. I am counting the hours until I pick it up. I highly doubt this dealer knows about the flash. I went down there last week to give them a deposit on the car and I mentioned it to them, they had no idea but on the other hand I wasn't talking to any of the service guys. I'll do what you guys said and have the flash before I take delivery. I'll have to listen for that clunk. After doing the suspension in my soon to be traded in 98 Mustang GT I was getting a clunk similar to what you are describing(going over bumps).

These MSP come with a factory alarm right? With shock sensor and all? If the dealer says they added an alarm on top of the factory alarm I should tell them to remove it right...otherwise it would be kind of redundant. Just a thought

Thanks everyone I'm already liking this Forum.

Rudi

yea it does come with a factory alarm with shock sensors. I think that the stock one is fine because if someone wants your car bad enough they are gonna get it.

jaymode said:
yea it does come with a factory alarm with shock sensors. I think that the stock one is fine because if someone wants your car bad enough they are gonna get it.

Very true. I'm just going to have them take it off and save me money off the selling price. I hope you guys don't mind me asking but how much did you guys/girls get your MSP for? Out the door price(with tax and all the fees)?

Rudi

mine was like 20.5k out the door with an extended warranty and some protective coatings offered by the dealer(teflon coating for paint, underbody coating, and stain protector for the interior and the dash protected too)

you're gonna love the color. i personally think it is the best color produced for the MSP. i may be bias, but hey, gotta do it sometimes! :D

Bijou-MP5 said:
man... Iowa city don't have any msp ...only two 2003 mp5 and bunch of mazda6.

I'm in Southern California and I have only seen one or two MSP around here, although the dealer close to my house has 6 yellow MSP, another has 2 Titaniums, 2 yellow and a blue on the way and the dealer I'm getting mine from has 15 total, 7 titanium(6 after tomorrow :D ), 7 yellow and one Black 03.

Did anyone get any things added from the dealer when they bought their car?

How much further does the extended warranty cover?

Rudi

The extended warranty i got was like 7 yr/75k miles but I think it goes to 100k miles. The warranty is good because if I ever bend a rim they replace the rim.

So I get down to the dealership after work, I have my trade in and my checkbook to give the downpayment for my MSP. I get approved for my credit but my internet salesman wants to get me a 5% or better interest rate so he needs to speak with a live person over at Mazda Credit Corp. but he couldn't because last night no one was there. They gave me a rental 03' Ford Focus to drive so I wouldn't put anymore miles on my Mustang trade in and now I have to go down there today after work and wheel and deal once again. :( I hate the whole car buying thing. Sad part is I use to work in the Automobile industry and in car sales.

I just want this negotiating nightmare to be over.

Say goodbye to the Mustang and hello to the MSP. Finally took delivery of my Titanium MSP last night, woohoo!!!!!

(drinks) (msptitani (rockon)

Imissmy3rdgen7 said:
Titanium = Good Stuff :D

Did you get the flash?

I talked to the service manager about that, he said that as long as I didn't notice the hesitation then I didn't need it. I'm thinking of getting it anyways just because you guys are praising the performance gains.

I have to go back to the dealer so they can put in my autodimming mirror so when I do that I'll have them flash it, they said they had to keep it a day to install the mirror.

Titanium does equal good stuff. :D

Back