Picked up my Protege5 yesterday!

Can you at least get me parts? I will make it worth your time.

PM me what you are looking for. My brother can only get into that yard like twice a month, so I'll see what he(we, if I go again) can get.

just saw, are you seriously thinking on 22's on the pro5?

Hell no. 22s don't belong on anything, much less a Protege. LOL

My car is getting Protege MP3 17" RacingHart wheels. My brother has 9 of them sitting at his shop. :)

oh, ok. you scared me for a second! lol

Lemme know if you happen to come across a stock Protege5 midpipe w/ cat on it.

I'll getcha $$$ for it

oh, ok. you scared me for a second! lol

Lemme know if you happen to come across a stock Protege5 midpipe w/ cat on it.

I'll getcha $$$ for it

Might have one, doubt my brother has the cat though since they are easily exchanged for money. :)

uh oh, 2 v6 pro5's?

Muuussst.........noooootttt........leeeettttt......ADD kick in!!!

lol. i'm just playin.

i have accepted the p5's lack of luster on the speed side of things

Stay strong Tylor...the V6 does not get you better mileage than turbo, and it costs more.

The V6 isn't too bad on fuel, and in no way is this costing as much as a comparably preforming turbo kit.

Also, if you haven't driven a KL V6, you should, they are some of the smoothest engines I have ever had the pleasure of operating. Almost rotary like.

a stock MSP setup can be had and installed for less than $1500

V6 is going to be requiring some custom wiring and trans issues.

both come with headaches and will cost close to the same

The V6 isn't too bad on fuel, and in no way is this costing as much as a comparably preforming turbo kit.

Also, if you haven't driven a KL V6, you should, they are some of the smoothest engines I have ever had the pleasure of operating. Almost rotary like.

Yes it is, all of it.

a stock MSP setup can be had and installed for less than $1500

V6 is going to be requiring some custom wiring and trans issues.

both come with headaches and will cost close to the same

Well now, are you just making stuff up or what? (uhm) The V6 uses the G-series transmission...as does the FS engine. Next? Wiring...ok, might be a small issue, but with the whole engine harness, the only issue might be connecting it to the interior harness. Shouldn't be bad...some quality time with the Mazda wiring diagrams?

As far as cost...I picked up my KL for $500 and it came with a ton of stuff I probably won't use and can sell.

Both setups would require premium, and the KL is BETTER for a daily driver because it has instant power, is more reliable(less to go wrong), and it's such a smooth, quiet, and drivable engine.

But yes...things will get interesting if Durwood is doing the swap too. :)

don't get me wrong guys, i'm not knocking the setup at all. And if between the two of you, if you can get this install to go over smoothly, i think you'll have set the bar for guys wanting more power but staying N/A

And I am not making stuff up, just talking out my arse. i was unaware the KL shared the same trans.

So, thanks for enlightining me. I've got zero experience with Mazda v6's

would it not be possible to leave the fs ecu alone for the crap that needs it and run stand alone? just wire the thing from scratch?

the wireing doesnt scare me as much as trying to make all the random crap like ac, ps, wp and all that crap fit and work.

you got a steal on that motor and tranny though.. im definitly keeping my eyes open for a 99+... lots of 93-98 but i dunno if thats a good idea.

might just buy an mx-6, built that, then swap it all over later heh.

would it not be possible to leave the fs ecu alone for the crap that needs it and run stand alone? just wire the thing from scratch?

the wireing doesnt scare me as much as trying to make all the random crap like ac, ps, wp and all that crap fit and work.

you got a steal on that motor and tranny though.. im definitly keeping my eyes open for a 99+... lots of 93-98 but i dunno if thats a good idea.

might just buy an mx-6, built that, then swap it all over later heh.

A standalone for the KLXX is easier said than done, due to the VIRS. Also, I'm building this on the cheap, and a Megasquirt setup would run about 400.

As of today I'm planning on leaving a lot of the original harness intact, and running both ECU/PCM. I've got all the wiring diagrams, and found a couple of places that will require some thinking, however it's seeming to be coming together quite nicely.

ya i loved that motor, i had an mx-6 and that motor with the pacesettler fuel exhaust. Dam it sound sexy. Not much for off the line stock but man you get that car on the highway and it was gone.

Back