pg intake manifold

so i have a small vacc leak somewhere on the corner with the vac valves.....i can hear it but just can't pinpoint it with the motor on......tried carb cleaner....and it wasn't anything i sprayed.......unless anyone has ideas....i'm just gonna let the motor cool and make sure intake is tight and go back over all the hoses.......one question......looking from the front bumper at the engine....top left just above the left strut mount is a senser with a vac line attached.......where does that hose goto????

if this helps......it won't throw the code just when i start it up.....only after i've been driving and when it drops to an idle and then about stalls pops back up....

i have the stock mani....just remover the vtcs and ported it.....i have all the vac hose points to attach to....

i got no cell with the 626IM... for the vics and vtcs just loop the vac lines back around to themselves...

heres an illustration on how i looped the hoses
untitly.jpg

really, my understanding is that as long as they stay plugged in, the vacuum lines aren't necessary.

i still have the vics hooked up but i did pull the t out and a straight line to that sloenoid......now....there's still this one hose and senser....the hose is barely on the port off the intake and i think that's the leak....i just hope its not the check valve on the bottom of the mani or the bottom of the mani it self....i had no results with spraying everything i could with carb cleaner

well it's not any vac hoses....it's the egr tube or valve......i'm gonna pull it back off and clean it again and make sure the tube is clear but not till mon when i don't really need to drive anywhere.....it runs fine....just everynow now and then when the rpms drop....figured it was something that has a valve because it wasn't constant

Back