pg intake manifold

kid prodigy

:
03.5 Protege 5
can i get some help on installing this? I was searching on the forums and haven't found anything. im in the process of taking off the old IM and was looking that the PG IM and it seems like a few spots where you would put the hoses back are missing. any help would be great.

Thanks,
On Young

well what is the new intake.....you might just have to get a vac distrbution block......

So your saying that afew of the vacume lines from the old IM are not matching the new manifold?

i've seen pics of the 626 mani and it doesn't look like it has the same number of vac ports.....i don't think any aftermarket has the same number either

could you please post apic of how you ran your lines. Im installing mine next weekend

it really doesn't matter... just T everything off the main vac coming off the top of the manifold... IIRC there is only two vac hookups on the 626IM and one of them is for the brake booster.

here's a pic jamesk showed me when i had the same question
cimg4698to2.jpg

and here's a pic with a vacuum block all coming off the same vac source from the top of the manifold
7658001_large.jpg

Last edited:
cool, now I can see what you guys were refering to. Thanks. Im a visual guy, that help alot.

what did everyone do with the VTCS/VICS solenoids? mine are bolted to the top of the manifold but they're ugly and i can't find a solution to hide them.

u can do what u want with them as long as there still plugged in. Mine are bolted to the top also

plug a vac line on then and just tuck 'em in down below the mani.....zip tie 'em.....i just did the vtcs removal and porting and i'm still having issues with the vtcs solenoid.....i just pluged a smaller vac hose hoping to cure the cel i keep getting

i just put a new vac plug on an hour ago....i haven't gone for a drive yet.....i have a few errands to run here in a few so...i'll be finding out

So you took the stock manifold and removed the vtcs and got a CEL? does everyone get a cel with the 626 mani?

the cel i'm getiing now is from the vtcs solenoi.....or so i think.....i put a pluged vac hose on the solenoid but it wasn't holding.....as long as you have all the vac hoses and sensers hooked up you shouldn't have any problems

Back