Petition to ban MikeM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mike. You treat him with respect - you get it back.

BUT -

If I turn on the TV and the show on that particular channel isn't something I like - I simply change it.

Pretty simple.

I like reading Mike's posts. He seemed amazingly knowledgeable on so many different subjects. People with strong personality make the world more interesting.

He has a tendency to spew bad information and pure opinion and make it sound as if it was God's word, which might makes him sound more knowledgeable than he actually is. This is a bad thing because people too often take his word for fact.

But if bad info were illegal we would need to ban half the Internet.

And in any case he does sometimes (even often times, it pains me to admit) provide good insight. You just need to do you due diligence and do your own research to filter the facts from the bull (as you should always do anyway).

No way I'd vote for baning him. Being a pompous *** is his right. Just ignore him.

Today's Pearls before Swine:

3F4pJ6u.jpg

I like MikeM and agree and disagree with things he states. I am wrong once in awhile also and just a year ago, I remember being wrong about something. :))

I love Mike's arrogant posts .... I love CX5_QC wanting to kick him off, this is what makes a forum interesting, good information about the "vehicle" and entertainment when people dont get along. I belong to lots of forums, there is a Mike or two in every one. Sometimes the new members try to kiss their asses so they dont get torched, shows weakness. No "we cant just all get along!" Thank you Mike and Thank you CX5_QC !!! lmfao

Nothing wrong with disagreeing. Nothing wrong with being wrong. It's only when someone gets persistently abusive that I would agree with banning.

I participated in a forum in which posters met up in real life. Persistent abuse led to threats of violence using guns. Somebody hired a private detective, charges were laid, and it went to court. A Seattle judge banned one participant from posting online for a year. In comparison, this is a cake walk.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing. Nothing wrong with being wrong. It's only when someone gets persistently abusive that I would agree with banning.

I participated in a forum in which posters met up in real life. Persistent abuse led to threats of violence using guns. Somebody hired a private detective, charges were laid, and it went to court. A Seattle judge banned one participant from posting online for a year. In comparison, this is a cake walk.

That's sad.

The fact that I haven't tuned my car yet is simple common sense. The tunes were developed using a tiny fraction of the resources at Mazda's disposal. If the tuned version was shown to be safe, effective and meet ALL the claims bandied about on various forums, I would purchase them in a heartbeat.

But the truth of the matter is, they have NOT been proven and they were not developed to the same high technical standards for carbon/valve buildup, durability and longevity that Mazda demanded. Matt doesn't know half the design constraints Mazda used during development, he just nodded them to increase output.

The fact that I have chosen not to run his tunes shouldn't prohibit me from weighing in with my opinion.

First, the "truth of the matter" is really just your opinion. We have gone above and beyond to prove our claims. The fact you don't read it is not our fault. "matt doesn't know half the design constraints mazda used during development, he just nedded them to increase output" Glad you're making HUGE assumptions about us. We have friends who are engineers at mazda so you're completely wrong in that aspect.

The fact you have a thread of people wanting you banned proves that you are in fact, a troll.

First, the "truth of the matter" is really just your opinion. We have gone above and beyond to prove our claims. The fact you don't read it is not our fault. "matt doesn't know half the design constraints mazda used during development, he just nedded them to increase output" Glad you're making HUGE assumptions about us. We have friends who are engineers at mazda so you're completely wrong in that aspect.

Proof to you must mean something vastly different than it does to me.

The fact you have a thread of people wanting you banned proves that you are in fact, a troll.

Your threshold for what constitutes "proof" is just as lacking here as it is in your business claims. The only person foolish enough to say I should be censored was the OP. Oh, and yourself. You two would probably really like communist China!

I can honestly say that of all the forums I have been active on, I have never seen a call to ban anyone due simply to arrogance ....this kills me!! haha

Mike ... what did you do to piss so many people off??? Dont you know its not nice, not to be nice?? d
DONT CHANGE A THING MIKE!! Maybe I will start a MikeM For President Thread!!! lmfao

Last edited:
Proof to you must mean something vastly different than it does to me.

Your threshold for what constitutes "proof" is just as lacking here as it is in your business claims. The only person foolish enough to say I should be censored was the OP. Oh, and yourself. You two would probably really like communist China!

Is that your go to comment when someone disagrees with you? Communist China!

It's time for my daily turd so I have time to catch up on your bs :)

Interesting how you had time to invest to actually find these pictures but when it came time to look up information on the OVT tune, you wanted it spoon fed ;)

That's all for now, see ya next turd!

I can honestly say that of all the forums I have been active on, I have never seen a call to ban anyone due simply to arrogance ....this kills me!! haha

Mike ... what did you do to piss so many people off??? Dont you know its not nice, not to be nice?? d
DONT CHANGE A THING MIKE!! Maybe I will start a MikeM For President Thread!!! lmfao

Mike Is like the Donald Trump of this forum;

Build a giant wall around my ego and my opinion and call everyone that disagrees a communist!

lol

Thays what happens when you buy a Kia

lol

Is that your go to comment when someone disagrees with you? Communist China!

Not at all. I don't mind when someone disagrees with me, I only bring up communist China when someone recommends censorship because that's what the Communist party leaders do when someone is critical of their policies. Rather than using facts and reason to neutralize the criticism and keep it from spreading they shut-up the person who is being critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back