Petition to ban MikeM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CX5_QC

:
CX-5 GT AWD
I figured it would probably be the thread with the most hits lol

Sorry Mike, it's not personal but put nicely...you're an @$$ :)

The forum is supose to be for car enthusiasts and a place to EXCHANGE thoughts abd information regarding common passion/interest.

All I ever see you do is put people down, criticize their choices when it comes to mods and judge.

Please do us all a favor a buy a Honda so we don't have to endure your pitiful comments and remarks 24/7. I might not have tons of cash to mod my ride but i'd sure chip in a 5$ to get u a Honda and out of this forum!

Last edited:
I figured it would probably be the thread with the most hits lol

Sorry Mike, it's not personal but put nicely...you're an @$$ :)

The forum is supose to be for car enthusiasts and a place to EXCHANGE thoughts abd information regarding common passion/interest.

All I ever see you do is put people down, criticize their choices when it comes to mods and judge.

Please do us all a favor a buy a Honda so we don't have to endure your pitiful comments and remarks 24/7. I might have lots of cash to mod my ride but u'd sure chip in a 5$ to guy u a Honda and out of this forum!

I see you are a fan of the same type of censorship practiced in communist China.

I have a recommendation for you. If you don't like my contributions, put me on "ignore". It is a feature this forum offers and you will no longer see my posts.

Yes, MikeM (and Unobtainium) can be offensive sometimes, but I found them keeping the forum lively and interesting. MikeM does contribute his useful expertise and experiences, way more than I could ever do. Also, I don't see flaws in my arguments until somebody starts criticizing it. Sorry, it's a nope from me :)

But see i'm a giver, ignoring you would be selfish. I wanna spare the sight of your thoughts and posts for all who come here

Last edited:
Yes, MikeM (and Unobtainium) can be offensive sometimes, but I found them keeping the forum lively and interesting. MikeM does contribute his useful expertise and experiences, way more than I could ever do. Also, I don't see flaws in my arguments until somebody starts criticizing it. Sorry, it's a nope from me :)

We'd miss out on their bromance if he was banned. Obnoxious and abrasive, yes. Informative at times, yes. Calling people out with junk advice isn't a banning offense. However, I am glad the only place I have to hear from him is this forum.

BTW, OP, this is not an enthusiast forum, as the CX-5 is a grocery getter, not a sports car. This forum exists so owners can trade experiences on reliability so new buyers can see CX-5 detailed flaws before buying. This forum is way better than ComsumerReports in that regard.

Petition to ban?

Why not just report the threads you don't like to the moderator (triangle button i think) and let them deal with it?

For gawds sake, just put him in your ignore list if he bothers you. I have no problem at all with the guy. Think he contributes a lot to the group.

But see i'm a giver, ignoring you would be selfish. I wanna spare ebsight of your thoughts and post for all who come here

Who's "ebsight"?

Are you (drunk), (stoned) or just plain (screwy)?

Claiming you're a "giver" is hilarious! I contribute more to this forum in any given month than you are likely to contribute in a lifetime.

I'm begging you to put me on ignore!

Petition to ban?

Why not just report the threads you don't like to the moderator (triangle button i think) and let them deal with it?

LOL

Agreed, please use that ignore button and make certain to report any thread that is abusive or foul language, or behavior you feel is just unacceptable.

I appreciate all on here who bring us personal insight, wisdom and first hand knowledge, and yes, even their own opinions.

LOL

Agreed, please use that ignore button and make certain to report any thread that is abusive or foul language, or behavior you feel is just unacceptable.

I appreciate all on here who bring us personal insight, wisdom and first hand knowledge, and yes, even their own opinions.

He can start by reporting himself! I heard Trump is a big fan of self-reporting! Or was that self-deporting? (rofl2)

You'll notice that I'm not wasting the moderators time reporting that the OP called me an "ass", I'm sure they have more important stuff to do without having to babysit. The disrespect he shows might hurt my feelings if I respected him but that is obviously not the case. Respect is earned.

It's a free country. Can't handle what someone says? Find a university with a safe-zone. Or you could just "ignore" the user, either via personal choice, or the handy forum "ignore" tool.

sorry didnt relly before, busy having a life with real people :)
You are more than welcome to keep posting, i find you amusing when i'm taking a s*** and need something to read loll

You are more than welcome to keep posting

Of course I am and I don't need your permission to do so. You must be delusional about your imagined authority.

In any case, my wife thought you were good entertainment. Then again, she's easily amused...

I disagree with Mike on a number of issues but agree with him on many more. I am quite comfortable around people I don't completely agree with. In fact if two people agree on everything then one of them is unnecessary. I am VERY uncomfortable around anyone who wants to control conversation or thought by silencing (banning) others.

In fact if two people agree on everything then one of them is unnecessary. I am VERY uncomfortable around anyone who wants to control conversation or thought by silencing (banning) others.

Good point and it reminded me of when I caucused yesterday. We had about 40 people in our caucus and one of them stood up and said the darnedest thing:

"I'm willing to go with whatever the majority thinks."

I was thinking like, WTF? Why did he even bother to show up?

Some people!

Most of the time, I don't mind Mike's comments, but for example the OVT stuff, why you are even there Mike, when everybody knows, that you won't tune your car?
I agree that we need more info, before we would shell out over $500, but why do you care, since you won't tune your car?

Most of the time, I don't mind Mike's comments, but for example the OVT stuff, why you are even there Mike, when everybody knows, that you won't tune your car?
I agree that we need more info, before we would shell out over $500, but why do you care, since you won't tune your car?

The fact that I haven't tuned my car yet is simple common sense. The tunes were developed using a tiny fraction of the resources at Mazda's disposal. If the tuned version was shown to be safe, effective and meet ALL the claims bandied about on various forums, I would purchase them in a heartbeat.

But the truth of the matter is, they have NOT been proven and they were not developed to the same high technical standards for carbon/valve buildup, durability and longevity that Mazda demanded. Matt doesn't know half the design constraints Mazda used during development, he just nodded them to increase output.

The fact that I have chosen not to run his tunes shouldn't prohibit me from weighing in with my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back