people with spool stage 3 kits

LaZaBLuEMp3

:
RSX type s
does anyone have a pic of their intercooler?? or did u have ne problems mounting it. mines in the process of being installed and i was told that the ic is too high for the opening in the bumper. i have no idea why but thats what he said.
any info would be nice

ok well its supposed to fit right so im not gonna go cutting things. i just wanna see some pics thats all and some info

intercooler3.jpg

maybe hes trying to put it in upside down? lol just a guess?
and by looking at spools pics its a possiblity.
Mike

heres one of spools car, thats all i got.
Mike

Attachments

• car_middle_tree.jpg
    car_middle_tree.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 256
LaZaBLuEMp3, what was the solution then.

Just wondering, did you install it yourself or had someone do it? If you had someone do it, how long did it take and how much $$ did it cost.

I'm considering a spool kit but I gotta know how much $ total will be spent and how many days I should expect to be without a car:rolleyes:

ok well everything that i have came out to around 5grand.(everything). installation is gonna be expensive. maybe ova 1000! im sure u can get it done for cheaper. but let me tell u something and this is for everyone who is having it installed by a shop. have them look at your car, go through the directions, make sure every single little part is there. (order a new manifold gasket from mazda if u want cause u use the original one with the kit) and check ur oil pan to see if its steel or alluminum.every kit that terry has done on the cars they have all been alluminum. mine was steel. why i have no idea. my is still not done and its been over 2 weeks cause of some confusion and stuff. and have the mechanic talk to terry or whoever if hes confused. im happy with the service terrys given me and everything is cleared up. if u have ne otherquestions pm me.
thanks
mike

So that's the deal. See mine was steal and we was like WTF welding steal to aluminum isnt just your everyday job. So we just got a different fitting and some O-rings and did it different.

well becareful man, terry gave me a steel fitting so it would be safe. orings can pop off, thats what happened with bigben

I feel your pain. It took me two weeks to get my Stage 2/3 kit installed as well. A lot of little things needed to be tweaked to make it all work.

I posted a picture of my intercooler and bumper in the forced induction forum. It is worth checking out. Worked very slick. I kept the bumper "functional" and got the intercooler in a much better position. The "stock" position for the intercooler of the Spool kit was unacceptably for an anal retentive engineer like myself. So, I HAD to modify it.

It worked out very nice. Here's a pic of the finished product. If you need more details I can help, but I'm guessing you're probably "done" already.

Attachments

• final intercooler.jpg
    final intercooler.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 140
Back