Painted fuel door *pics*

Demi

Had this in another thread but thought maybe it deserved its own.

Sweet crap the fuel door looks sick! I picked it up a little early so there are some finger prints to sand out and recoat, but i threw it up there so you guys could see. Doin the rims tomorrow. So hard to find down time.
View attachment 129921

View attachment 129922
Yeah yeah my car is dirty....

I like it a lot. I'm glad you decided to leave the screws unpainted. It reminds me of when people paint the OEM wheels black. In that case, it always looks better to leave the lugs chrome.

Anyways, I thought about painting mine, if I ever changed wheels. I don't mind the pearl satin color with the OEM wheels. However, what made you decide to go with a flat black as opposed to gloss or even match the black mica?

I like it a lot. I'm glad you decided to leave the screws unpainted. It reminds me of when people paint the OEM wheels black. In that case, it always looks better to leave the lugs chrome.

Anyways, I thought about painting mine, if I ever changed wheels. I don't mind the pearl satin color with the OEM wheels. However, what made you decide to go with a flat black as opposed to gloss or even match the black mica?

Well i gave it a great deal of thought. I got the satin fuel cover because i loved the way it looked, and other people do too. And lets be honest other people see your car more than you do, and kudos feel great. I wanted it to stand out, as most satin fuel doors do. Its brushed aluminum and the thing i like about that is that it stands out with out being over bearing. I figure on a black car, it was a bit much, but still wanted it to show. Flat black looks great and these pictures dont do it justice. It draws the eye but gives the whole, no its what i think is cool, sort of thing going. It blends very nicely but people notice. Went down to the "spot" and had 4 people, that didnt know what a MS3 was, ask me where i got that "trick" fuel door. I had been there the prevoius week with the brushed alum, and no one said anything. It flows with the car better, but doesnt look stock. Very choice. Maybe i should post a how to.

If I had the black MS3, I think I would have done the same but would have had it black anodized instead so you could still see the brushed look of the aluminum. But, if you like it...

Back